Chapter 20

Edited 5/11/2020

+++++

- Three weeks later -

Jade pov

I drank water, more like I was drowning bottles of water after finishing training with my guardians and Danny. When the witches joined us it turned out one of them was Jayson's mate.

She was beautiful with purple eyes and long thick black hair that brought out her eyes making the colour pop. She was also soft-spoken and very kind. They were smitten with each other not taking their off of the other. So much so they already mated and marked the other. Some thought it was too fast and they should have waited until the third month but I didn't care. My brother finally got the happiness he deserved and I could see that she would make him very happy.

When everyone gathered I showed them to Safira. They all freaked out, and when she shifted to human most fainted. It was quite the spectacle. Safira in human form had green hair and electric green eyes, which I assumed represented her scales from her dragon form. She was a little shorter than me and was skinnier as well but she could definitely out eat me.

Lately, I've been having morning sickness and eating weird things. It started last week and to be honest, it's annoying. Especially when I wake up in the middle of the night to vomit everything that I've eaten for the day, or when I can't stand the scent of some of my favorite foods. The cravings are a bit..weird. Chocolate with cheese, specifically, mozzarella sticks.

I don't mind that much as it actually tastes good but Danny stares at me weirdly when I do eat it. And I absolutely despise pickles but I'm constantly eating it now as if I can't live without it a day I drank the water too. I think I worried Danny with that one.

Currently, I'm lying down in our room, watching a horror movie. After training, I get worn out faster than I'd like so Danny sent me off to rest. I blinked and I was laying on a field of flowers staring up at the moon instead of watching the tv.

Mom appeared beside me and we relaxed for a moment before she sat up. She didn't say anything at first simply opting to stare at me before a smile formed on her face.

"I'm happy for you sweetheart." She smiled more. I was confused.

"For what?" I asked but she continued to just smile at me.

"You're glowing..." she gushed "I can already see it! You're going to be a wonderful mother." Her smile softened while I stared blankly up at her before her words registered in my mind.

Her words hit me as if someone smacked me in the back of my head with a large tree branch. My eyes widened and I shot up

"I'm pregnant?!" I laughed in disbelief but excitement and happiness coursed through me.

"Well after you and Daniel going at it like that, without protection, I would expect you to get pregnant."

"Mom!" She shrugged.

I shifted placing my hand on my stomach and closed my eyes, concentrating. It took a few silent moments before I faintly heard it. Two soft heartbeats sounded from within me going a bit faster than mine. Smiling softly I teared up, already falling in love with them.

"I'm having twins! Haha! I'm having twins!" I laughed making mom smile more chuckling at me.

"Ensure you get lots of rest." She placed her hand on my stomach "This should- oh?"

"What?" Mom chuckled placing her soft hands on my face.

"I was going to place a protectiospell around your stomach, but looks like someone best me to it." She gave me a knowing smile, then she frowned.