My Step-Love Chapter 31

So I am doing something different for this chapter I usually don't but since my dear friend asked. Thus meaning why this chapter might be a little crappy but hey I tried and if you no likey then u go bye bye :3 tank chu!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both Lacey and I knew that statement I said was a lie but neither of us spoke of it and she told me to go to bed. Happily I did though I knew it would be hours before I fell asleep but I got up and headed for my room. A few other kids were out here with Lacey, however I didn't see Drake which made it easier to breath. Well until I saw Ethan standing there but he didn't even look at me as I passed by so taking the chance I walked by quickly. I finally reached my door and I went to open the door when I noticed there was something hanging from the door knob. I lifted the string lightly and realized it was a chain for a necklace with a charm of a single wing as the charm. "Why do I keep getting gifts?" I shook my head and opened the door then locked it as I went inside my room. Stripping off my jeans I put on my shorts and put on a night shirt.

Placing the new necklace on the bathroom counter, I grabbed the toothbrush and tooth paste. Once the tooth brush was ready I shoved it into my mouth and tried to wash out the acid and dirt out. When I was done I washed out my mouth and brush and looked into the mirror. There were small splats of mud on my face and a couple teeth marks on my lower lip still. I lightly touched my lower lip as I parted my lips but quickly pulled my hand back when the injured tissue screamed. So I reached for a wash cloth and put soap on it then scrubbed my face to be rid of the dirt. After I had dried my face I examined the necklace I was given. The chain was thin and silver with the charm also being silver and a very simple image of a wing. Other than that there was nothing on the necklace or note indicating who had given it to me which made me wonder. What if the person at my door was the giver or what if they were looking at the necklace?

I shook my head and climbed into bed pulling the blankets over my head. I felt like I was a six year old during a thunder storm, being a kid who is afraid of the storm but won't go to their parents because they are 'too grown up'. Sleep was taunting me by dancing around my brain and room but didn't take over thus letting it watch me squirm, tossing and turning. When it finally did take over it wasn't long before I woke up for breakfast. However I wasn't hungry and didn't want to see anyone I knew at the moment, especially Drake and Haley. As I got up I tossed my night clothes onto my bed and changed into my day clothes. I pulled on my well worn jeans, black boots and a black tank top not bothering to put on a button up shirt. Then I went into the bathroom letting me look into the mirror as I pulled my hair back and brush my teeth. When my teeth were clean I walked out giving my room a quick look around to make sure everything was where she left it and memorized where it all was.

Opening my door I noticed a piece of paper fall onto the ground in front of me. I picked up the paper and saw it was notebook paper with my name on it in somewhat messy handwriting. Of course I wanted to unfolded but I put it in my pocket then locked my door before I walked out of the dorm building. Once I was out I bee lined to Sunkiss's stall while having the dirt rocky road crunch under my boots. There was only a couple people hanging around the property mainly staff workers who do more of the important and heavier work. They didn't really pay much attention to me which was fine since I didn't want attention or talk to anyone. As I approached Sunkiss's stall I grabbed a saddle putting it on my hip holding it with one hand then put the girth over the saddle and threw the bridle over my other shoulder. Sunkiss walked up to the window with her ears up watching my every move while I went into her stall. "Hey girl," I kissed her nose as she sniffed the saddle.

"Yeah we are going for a run," I said as placed the saddle pad and saddle on her back the buckled the girth onto one side. I walked over to the other side and began to buckle the girth making sure it was tight enough. When I walked in around Sunkiss she was all tense and was breathing heavy. Knowing its bad to be behind a horse that is upset I walked briskly to her side and began to talk to her hushing her and trying to calm her down.