My Step-Love Chapter 12

"Umf...hmm...WAH!!!! OOF!! ow..." I said laying on the floor to lazy to massage my back and head after I fell out of bed.

"Morning." said Kale cheekly poking his head over the side of the couch.

I threw my arm over my eyes, "I hate you....how the fudge did I get on the floor?" I said as I began to open my eyes letting them ajust to the light.

"I am not sure. I just remember you crawling up on me in the middle of the night and next thing I know I move and you go bye bye!" Kale said in his high pitch voice.

I look at the clock and read the red numbers, "Gosh it is only 11:23!" I sat up and stretched. "Might as well get dressed and check to see if my truck is here." I grumbled as I walked to my closet. I grab my bra and put it on with my top still on. Then I put on a an over the shoulder lime green shirt that had an black undershirt attached to it and denim jeans with rips all over with two chains that cross in the front and back. I took off the red night shirt and pj pants while Kale just looked at me like I just preformed magic. "What?"

"How do you do that?!"

"I am a ninja!" I smiled and walked out of my room to see Aki sitting in the hallway looking up at me. "What is up chicka?" I asked as I squat down to look at her in the face.

"Mommy was talking to someone on the phone and when she saw me she got mad. So now I am sitting here waiting for you." she mumbled obviously upset making my blood boil. Sure she might not be telling me the whole story but for her to be this scared means Mom did some serious scolding.

"Stay here. Is she still here?" Aki nodded and I got up and walked into her room. Mom was putting on makeup and fixing her tight short black dress. "Where you going?" I asked leaning against the doorway making it impossible if Mom tried to get out.

"I am going to work. Why?" she asked looking at me through the mirror.

"Well seeing a woman putting on a dress that is made for the night and putting on make up after talking to someone on the phone seems alittle...supicious." I said picking the word carefully as I shrugged raising an eyebrow.

She sighed and put her lipstick down. "Aki was eva's dropping and was just staring at me so I told her to stop."

I snorted. "must've been pissed off stop cause she was sitting at me bedroom door when I walked out."

Mom turned to look at me. "She knows you will butter up to her and she knows that she can make you mad at me easily."

"Mom. I am mad you for the rest of my life for what you did to DAD! Not Aki!" I said raising my voice and closing my eyes. "You especially get on my nerves when you take claim of something that clearly doesn't belong to you. Just because you've got a job doesn't mean I am handing you the house! A lot of people have jobs but not all of them have a home! So the only way you are getting this house is by buying it from me!" I shouted "Also don't yell or scold Aki unless she is burning the house down! Only I can cause I am raising her!" I slammed her door and turned to see Kale holding Aki on his back.

I took a deep breath and sighed, "man I have a bad temper..." I ran my fingers through my hair, "you know what? Let's go out to eat for breakfast." I grabbed my wallet, keys and phone then we head out the door. We got into the truck and I drove us to the mall where I work. I take the keys out and we head inside the massive building. "It is weird to walk in here and NOT be going to work." I said smirking.

"I bet. How about Denny's?" Kale suggested looking at me.

"YEAH YEAH!!!!" Aki exclaimed as she jump a foot in the air five times. People looked at us like we were crazy making me and Kale laugh.