My Step-Love Chapter 25

SO sorry for the late update i have had writers block adn i have been busy!!! moving and preparing to move takes alot out of ya....here the story is!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The streets we not so crowd as they usually are on the weekends, but I really didn't care I was taking this girl to the store and wasteing my money on her! As we walked she held onto my finger tightly and stared at all the people who we passed. I could feel all the walker's eyes burning holes into my back or shaking their heads assuming what was false. While we waited for the walker light to turn a woman came up giving me an envelope then dashed off. The little girl seemed to be distracted by  watching people across the intersection who were holding signs to notice the lady. I look at the envelope and see the name 'Leah' written on it with 'Please take good care of her, its not what you think. Please open with her not around. Thank you so much.'

"Leah," I breathed not really intending to say anything. I noticed Leah looking up at me with her head tilted as if waiting for me to tell her something. "Oh sorry I was just thinking." She smiled and turned ahead. I looked up again and walked when all cars had stopped I began to wonder all the circumstances that a woman would have to leave her child behind. I put the envelope into my bag's pocket and continued to walk towards the street. Once we found the mall I could have sworn I saw Kent walking from the bus stop to the mall's door, but he wasn't there when I got there.

We walked around the entire mall until we found Aki's favorite store. It was actually the store I went with her and Kent, that was the last time we all went shopping together. I swallowed the lump in my throat as we entered the store passing the manican wearing the dress Aki got the last time we were here. I looked around seeing if I would see Kent walking around wearing a little girl's hat like he did last time making Aki laugh so hard. As expected there was no sign of him and I began to show Leah around the store seeing what she liked and didn't like.

Her taste in clothes was very similar to Aki, which made it easier but also harder. We were in the store for about an hour with people staring at us and wrinkled their noses walking away pushing their kids out the door. Once we finished I bought at least enough clothes to last a week; a few shorts, mulitple shirts, a couple pjs, and a dress or two with adorable sneakers and converse. Leah loved the color purple which made me nearly cry because that was Aki's favorite color and everything we bought was purple. The cashier eyed me with concern then raised her eyebrows and her mouth gaped open, "you're that girl!"

"What girl?" I barely managed to get out without having my voice crack or tears fall.

"The one with the guy who was running around in the little girl's hat! That was the cutest thing ever! I am so sorry about what happened though, my sister went to that school so she told me everything."

"A lot of people WENT to that school after all this," I sighed picking up the bags, "thank you for caring though." I turned to walk away when she suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Um can I ask you something?"

"You are right now," I said looking at her arm and motioned Leah to sit on the seat by the giant stuffed bear. She did so and waited calmly looking at all the people.

"I have been seeing a guy who looks JUST like him I swear! But I think it is like his ghost or something because I saw him walk into the store then I look down and when I look back up remembering he was dead he was gone! Has that been happening to you?"

"Yeah I actually was talking to him the day I got out of my coma or whatever they call it for about ten minutes until a nurse walked in telling me he was dead. Then earlier today I saw him walking from the bus stop into the mall. I don't know what he is doing around here but whatever it is I just hope he is willing to pass on. I don't wanna see him anymore, not trying to sound me or anything."