My Step-Love Chapter 2

I ended up with detention which I need, I know that sounds weird but my little sister has tutoring and I didn't want to wait in the heat for an hour. The rest of the day til lunch was fine nothing big happened, Mr. Evans and I flirted or joked at each other. No we are not a couple we are just really close friends, in fact if I were to date someone from this school it would be Trey. At lunch I sat at my table which is one of the 'popluar' tables. I sat in between Halely and Rika, when I sat I felt Halely squeeze my thigh pretty close to that area. When I sit fully into my seat I jabbed Halely's side with my pointer and middle finger. Halely yelped then giggled.

"Damn I swear you two are bed buddies." joked our friend Kale, who was gay and I loved him(not the bed love) to death he was like a brother to me. He had reddish brown hair went to the side covering his right eye they were pretty brown, he wasn't tan nor pale just like me; tannish. "No Kale we aren't don't listen to Halely! I will always love you more!" I said dramatically. At school we are the 'Role Swap Couple' he is way more feminine than me and I am more masculine that him and we are always mistaken as a couple so we pretend. Also it helps him feel like he belongs in the world, since his parents and family disowned him. He is now looking for a home and tonight since we both have detention I am going to offer him to stay at my place because a young any gender kid going from house to house is not heathy.

"Oh ok then! Are we still on tonight?" he joked, making us all laugh then I nodded.

"Yes Kale. How about we have sushie?" I said to continue. We all, all of our friends and ourselves, voted that sushie was a romatic food that was somewhat cheap. However, neither Kale nor I liked sushie. "Nah, how about steak?" I asked smiling big and knowing the answer.

"CHYEAH!!!!" Kale exclaimed and jumped in his seat. We all laughed enjoying the moment until Ethan Karton and his group came over. They were all rich stuck up people who loved to make people self concious of themselves.

"So how is downtown?" Ethan directing that question to me as he looked smugged.

"It is great, you should know that, after all you always seem to have a pain up your butt!" I replied, downtown was the 'Fuck Zone' as we called it, you can guess why. Ethan's face fell but came back.

"Well, at least I am a person who isn't trying to get fucked unlike you who does it for a paycheck!" everyone 'ohhed' but for different reasons there was one thing you don't call me; a whore. I shot up and even though Halely tried to stop me I slapped Ethan so hard he nearly fell.

"At least I am a person who can take a hit and not cry to Daddie or Mrs. When(our principal)!" Now Ethan was mad, but he didn't back fire.

"I don't feel like wasting my time here with trash."

"Well then Einstine! Why did you come here in the first place?!" I shouted spreading my arms out. Everyone in the gym was watching us the whole time like it was an everyday thing, which it was. Ethan and I hated each other so much that one time in detention the person made the stupid mistake of leaving us alone for five minutes. Long story short Ethan went home with a scare down his forearm and I left with a scare down my left side diagonally go to my belly button. But wait there is more, he left with a black eye i got a busted lip the exact spot where I have a lip ring to hide the scare. Now no one leaves us in the same room unintended.

Kale came over to me and brought me to his chest to hold me. Believe it or not I actually tried to be friends with him but then he made fun of my eyes and what I looked like, so yeah it didn't work.

"Ugh! I hate him!! So MUCH!!" I shouted into Kale's chest while my hands clenched his jacket tightly. He just rubbed my back and run his fingers through my hair, those were the two things that calmed me down ever! The bell rang signally lunch was over and Kale and I left hand in hand to our next three classes. Those were my favorite classes not only did it mean the end of school was near but also Kale was with me. I swore if I was a guy I would go gay just for him. The classes pasted by really fast so now we headed off to detention.

I helped Kale with his Algerbra and he helped me with Bio. I am as useful as a person without their glasses going down a crouded hallway to get from point at to point by theirself. When we finished I saw that we had 15 minutes to kill.

"Hey Kale," we were whispering because no one was alowed to talk unless they were done with their homework. "I know you're looking for a place to crash. So I thought you might wanna move in with me?"

Kale looked at me shocked, "but what about your mom?"

"Phff you know my mom is never around and I am the one taking care of the bills, besides you would have a place to stay and you could watch over Aki (Ah-kee) while I am at work. She is really easy to look after, I just want you to have somewhere to stay everyone needs a place to call home."

"Ok, when can I move in? But I will only if you let me work with you. We could bring her over to work or I could work on one day and you on another."

"You can move in tonight. I don't know about switching shift but I guess we could bring her to work. I use to but then I thought she might get bored or lonely." Kale laughed. Mr. Evans dissmissed us and we left the building and walked to Aki's school.

"It is sad that you have to work so much and yet you dont have a car."

"You dont either, Kale."

"Yeah but I dont bust my ass off everyday of my life! I mean you're a world's best mom. You skip parties, school events or school feild trips just to spend time with her. Not only that you also help her with her homework or school projects instead of working on your's. I would love to be with you for the rest of my life!" I couldn't help but notice that whenever it is just me and Kale his voice gets deeper and loses that feminine vioce. 

"Um Kale are you really gay?" I asked accidently. I clasped my hands over my mouth and stared at Kale wide eye.

Before I could apoligize Kale looked at me and said, " to tell you the truth, I think I am bi. I mean when I am around you I feel so happy and wouldn't mind kissing you, but when I am around other girls I am gay."

I burst out laughing, "yeah I dont blame you." I saw my little sister by her brick building school that looked really pretty with the oak trees reaching with their branches to reach the oaks on the side. I squat down as she ran into my arms then I stood up to spin her around. She giggled the whole time then I had her say hi to Kale.

"KALEY!!!" She reached for Kale as he took her from me and carried her hom.

"So how was class?" I asked.

"It was ok. Mr. Mic was late but he made it fun! When studied butterflies!!" she exclaimed, like me she is NOT a science child. She talked the whole way home even when we got through the front door of our semi decent house. It was tan with a reddish brown roof that rested on the house covering the three bedroom, two bathroom, dining kitchen(dining room and kitchen combind), and living room.

"WE ARE HOME AND WE GOT A ROOM MATE NOW!!!" I shouted seeing the light from her bedroom seeping out through the vent above her door.

"Hi girls" Mom walked out in a short sleeved red dress that went down to her knees, she had little make up on and high heels. I stop dead in my tracks Mom never dressed like this. Her short dark brown hair was hangin loose in spiral curls and her dark green were outlined with black eye liner and her plump lips were red as roses. She didn't have much curves but she had enough to make the dress look good and with her red pumps she looked more beautiful than I have ever seen.

"Wow, Mom you look great! Um could you do me a favor? Don't fool the guy nor wear your heart on your sleeves." I said drinking Orange Juice out of the carton, no one else drinks it.

My Mom nodded and was at the door but turned to me, "Vanessa, Aki, and Kale could you guys wish me luck! I am going to a job interveiw for a secritary!" with that she left missing OJ spray all over the tile.

"DID SHE JUST SAY WHAT I THINK SHE SAID!?!?!?!"