My Step-Love Chapter 21

I walked onto the drive way looking up at my mom as she talked to the butler who was at the door. They talked for a couple minutes until he noticed I existed and called to me. "You are the young lady who came over to bring Josh home correct?"

"Yes." I nodded not really caring I just wanted to get this over and done with. My mother was not pleased and ignored me and excused me to the butler as I just chuckled, shaking my head rolling my eyes. I fumbled with my bag pulling out a pack of cigs and lit it as I waited of course Mom hated that.

I was near the end of my cig when a boy with dark hair and sunglasses on in a suit came out of a limo and was followed by Mr. Karton, "oh my here we go! Another loose cannon.." I hummed the song as they walked up also forgetting I exsisted which was fine, maybe they will have this 'meeting' without me cause they forgot me. But all hopes of that faded when the boy who looked my age turned to me then I knew who it was. This little cutie was Ethan making me wanna punch him in the face but I just looked back.

As we had our watch off I guess he smirked and made his way to me. I raised an eyebrow as he made his way while he continued to smirk, "can I help you?" I asked him.

"Yeah care to share?" He asked pulling out a hundred.

"For these?! Fine." I took the hundred and gave him mine smirking.

"Just hand me the new one." he sighed his smirk quickly fading.

"ETHAN!" We both jumped and turned to see Karton glaring at us.

"Yeah?" He looked at him not really caring.

"Get that out of your mouth!!" He scolded making his way over to us. "You know I hate those!" He turned and saw me looking disappointed, "you couldn't wear something else?"

"Nope! I don't go to money shitters." I said giving him a cheesy smiled and made my way up the stairs getting irrated with everyone, "and I don't need to hear it from you!" I pointed at Mom making her close her mouth. "Good. So when is this meeting happening?"

"Late tonight, BUT we want you to see the house and meet everyone." Mom said as I stared at her in shock.

"Fine." I sighed then walked in after Mom with the males behind me. I stood in the middle of the enter room and looked around at the palce like place, "HI EVEYONE!!" I shouted then looked at Mom hopefully, "now can I leave?"

"Vanessa quit it! No! You can't!" Mom said grabbing my wrist dragging me.

"I don't see why I have to see a house I am not gonna live in." I rolled my eyes looking at all the pricy shinny things.

"Vanessa," Mom said awkwardly looking at me then at Karton. Ethan and I looked at each other sharing a confused look as we turned to our parents. "Your last name is going to be Kar-"

"OH HELL NO!! He is NOT me dad and will NOT take his place!!!" I shouted looking at her like she is crazy, "change your name all you want but you are not TOUCHING my name!!" I said folding my arms.

"She is NOT going to be my sister!! Are you crazy?!" Ethan added.

"You seemed fine with her a second ago."

"That was for a cig Dad! Not a life to spend with her! I can hardly stay in school with her!!"

"Ditto." I said making everyone look at me confused, "what!? I don't like me either! If you haven't noticed my life sucks and it is only getting worst!"

"No one asked you to work at the bar!" Mom said.

"Actually I LOVE working there I HATE my day life! Thank you!" I said walking off in a random direction ignoring Mom and Karton's comments but when they tried to grab me I ran up the stairs and ran off in a different direction. "Shows them!"