My Step-Love Chapter 19

Ok for this chapter you might want a tissue box....I will admitt I had a tear or two fall while writing this but it has to be done for the plot to go on!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at Trent then at his mother as we walked into the kitchen. Passing by his mother I grab her hand and smiled slightly dragging her out of the couch and walking into the kitchen. I walked into the fancy kitchen suddenly feeling as though I don't belong there but I didn't want to leave so I sat in the chair next to Kent after I helped his mother to her's. "Thank you Vanessa. You so sweet."

I felt my cheeks become red slightly, "you're welcome and thank for the compliment and for letting me stay here."

"Why of course! You are like a daughter to me already!!" she said with a smile that made me smile. "You have that apperance of a trouble kid but you have a very big heart! Kent keep this one not a Kate!" She pointed her fork smiling at Kent just as Trent walked in.

"What is so wrong about Kate?" Trent asked defensive.

"She has no manners nor does she bother to have respect." she stated simply.

"You just like her cause you like Kent-"

"SHUT UP AND GROW A PAIR!!" I snapped losing it. "Seriously Trent do I have to slap you?! Cause you are pushing it!"

"You're just mad cause you aren't getting attention and you're worried about your weak boyfriend!"

I stood up but was grabbed by Kent on the waist band. "You are upset over stupid stuff!! Use your brain! If you want what Kent is getting then FOLLOW HIS EXAMPLE!!!"

"Why?! They aren't my parents! Th-"

I losted it and jumped over the table, surprisingly not hitting anything and slapped Trent so hard he fell, "DON'T YOU DARE SAY THEY DON'T LOVE YOU!!! JUST DON'T!!! I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO NOT BE LOVED!!!" I screamed with tears in my eyes as I leaned over him. "THEY LOVE YOU DAMNIT!! IF THEY DIDN'T YOU WOULD BE IN A PARENTLESS HOME!!" I cried feeling Kent wrapping his arm around me pulling me into his chest glaring at Trent. I looked at their mother, "I'm sorry..." I sobbed cluthing Kent's shirt burring my face in his chest crying as he rocked me slowly and held me tightly.

"Trent!" I heard their dad ordered and heard Trent get up and walk outside. Their mother stood off to the side then walked off somewhere I guess to give us privacy.

"Sorry...Kent"

"Don't be. You might have over reacted but you defanetly hit a nerve for him." Kent said, "no pun intended. You know you should cut your hair short and put blue in it."

I laughed and turned my head so I was looking off to the side with my eyes closed. "Thank you." I said finally calmed.

"Welcome." he said and kissed my forehead.

"You two ok?" I heard Mrs. Clash asked.

"Yeah. Thanks." I said letting go of Kent but saw a mad woman infront of me. 'Oh shit!!'

"Why did you smack MY son?" she asked raising her head.

I looked down at the floor bitting my lip then breathed in real deep and faced her. "I lost my temper and knew he was going to say you didn't love him but I knew you did and it ticked me off. So I am very sorry, Mrs. Clash."

Her faced quickly turned into a smile, "Kent keep her. I don't like her, I love her!" She said then hugged me. I just tensed and looked at Kent who was smirking. She pulled back but held onto my arms, "you faced me knowing full well I was not happy AND you apoligized! Very very brave."