My Step-Love Chapter 20

I looked out the window as Mom's boss, Ethan's dad's, limo drove us home. I was facing the blurring images of cars, trees, houses, farmlands rushing by, but all I saw were flashbacks of my friends, boyfriend and sister. For the infintyith time I my eyes watered so I rested my chin in my hand with the elbow on the armrest then turned facing the window making it hard for anyone to see my tears. Mom sat on the opposite side of the seat from me with her boss across from her. They quietly exchanged words not talking much and they would look over at me as I just ignored them and continued my stare.

Like Kent said before he vanished, the garden was finished and I was now on my way to the school to cut the fucking ribbon. Haley took care of it while I was gone and she did a great job but sadly she won't be coming back next year since her parents don't want her near too many painful memorises. Austin is leaving due to his parents not wanting to live here anymore since this is the 'poor' part of town. 300,000 dollar houses is poor -_-!! So now not only is everyone dead that I loved but if what Kent told me is true then my life has gotten a whole lot worse!! Ethan being my step brother?! That is my living Hell!!

Now you might be wondering what happened to everyone? Well while Kale and Kent went there a pipe was about to explode then Trent and their parents showed up just as it exploded killing them all instanty. Aki she died to breathing problems from the gases from the pipes, her friend's family all died before anyone got there. It was just me and Mom now, in our empty lonesome house.

I saw the sight of my school coming up and felt eyes and my mother's hand on my arm trying to comfort me. Just as the driver was stopping I jumped out landing on my feet perfectly and walked over to the garden. It did look good. I turn and saw camera men, a reporter, school board, Kent's friends, Kale's friends, alot of kids from school, and Halely who was standing by the ribbon looking nervous. I walked over to the ribbon and held my hand out for the scissors that Mrs. When held.

"Hello Vanessa."

"Shut it!" I snapped glaring at her, "I know you're just here for the audience!" I snatched the scissors and turned to the ribbion. I cut it and turned around to clapping and failed attemps of conforting smiles and cheers.

Suddenly the reporter zoomed up in my face with a camera, "Vanessa, with the lost of you're loved ones how do you plane to deal with this?"

"Well having a camera and a stranger shoved up in my face isn't one of them!" I stormed past her and the man towards the limo.

"Excuse me! Just cause you ride a limo does not make you better than everyone!"

I stopped and slowly turned around, "lady you don't know me nor do I know you! Also I DIDN'T want to ride this over grown heres! But since both my mother and I just got out of the hospital we are NOT allowed to drive! Thank you! Next time use that head of your's!" I turned around and collided with a strong chest, "ouch fuck!" I rubbed my head feeling the effects of the collision. I somehow hit my head on the tile floor when I pasted out and broke my head open but it hasn't healed, obivously.

"Really you need to follow your preaching. You know respect your elders."

I look up and see Ethan, that basically made me boil over. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! OK?! YOU ARE JUST SOME BIG JOCK WHO THINKS HE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ElSE!!!!" Everyone was backing away mumbling something about 'psyco' or 'stressed out the poor baby.' "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO HAVE EVERYTHING YOU LOVE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU!!! I LOST MY DAD, MY SISTER, MY BEST FRIEND, MY BROTHER PRACTICALLY, MY SECOND FAMILY, AND MY BOYFRIEND!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS," I screamed at him pounding his chest while he just stood there swaying slightly due to the weak forearm blows.

My face was in tears as I looked down and felt the sun shine all around me but I hate the sun. I continued to sob and pound until I felt arms wrap around me and pull me away from Ethan. I screamed and fought back but I was weak in my state. The person just turned me around held me close, "why.....why.....why Halely...."