A Glimpse to the Past

I wake up with a warm body next to mine. Even though this house is already hot enough.

"Morning beautiful." a familiar voice says, but it's not Dylan's.

I open my eyes to see Luke staring at me with the odd expression that is his face. Wait Luke? I turn to look behind me to make sure Dylan is also here. He is sound asleep with his arms wrapped around my side.

"Don't worry about him. He sleeps through everything. Let's talk about you. I see since I left you have decided to stay. Now there is no problem with this little adventure except no sex in my room, the kitchen, or the backyard. Preferably have the house empty as well. I don't need to hear my little brother grinding on some girl or guy. Whatever you are." he says bluntly.

"We've only kissed." I reply, equally as blunt.

"Seriously? Dylan my younger brother has been hanging out with a girl guy for the whole week and has only kissed her him? Did not expect that." he replies, rubbing the stubble on his chin.

"Of course you didn't. Despite the fact that I am a spitting image of you, we are completely different." Dylan mutters beside me.

"The animal has awaken. Mels is going to be here in about an hour. Remember my rules. Especially since a kid is going to be here." Luke says, looking to me at the last part.

"Just ignore whatever he told you. It doesn't matter." Dylan says once his brother leaves.

I turn to face him as he moves his arm to a more comfortable position.

"Good, I've always wanted to have sex in a backyard." I reply with a smirk across my face.

I'm getting good at this, since Dylan's cheeks are blushing slightly and his eyes are wide.

"Relax I'm just kidding. Your brother is weird though. Hot, but weird." I say.

His reaction switches from mildly embarrassed, mostly confused, too concerned.

"You think my brother is hot? You do know he is twenty-three right? Way too old for seventeen. Please don't tell me he has hit on you." he asks, sounding annoyed and on the verge of snapping.

"So that's his age, I was wondering." I say, avoiding his question.

"I don't get it do you like him or not?" he asks, completely annoyed now.

He is too easy. His hands are now off of me, and he is sitting up looking down at me.

I stretch out and reply, "I'm here with you right?"

He sighs and smiles a little, leaning back down to me.

"Why do you have to be so... what's the word?" he asks.

"A smart ass? I get that a lot." I finish.

He laughs and kisses the top of my head, resting his chin. It's weird how well we fit together. All of this started as just a plot for revenge, but now things are different. Now I fall asleep with him. He knows what Alexis has done to me. He protects me regardless that he knows I am still holding things in.

I want to tell him everything so badly, but now isn't the right time. Who knows when it will.

"As much as it kills me to say this, we have to get up. My cousin will be here soon and I have to take a shower. Don't forget you have to help me today." he says, sitting up again.

Because of my own complete awkwardness, I end up sliding down on his lap when he does this.

"You look cute down there." he says, his grey eyes locked on my blue ones.