Truth to be Spoken

Raiden's POV

"I was thirteen."

"Everyone knew who my parents were and everyone wanted to be my friend. I was popular, and I thought they actually liked me for me. One day, I met this guy. I knew him before, but he had no idea who I was. He pretended anyway to be naive. Either way I fell for it, and had a crush on him. He asked me out and we started to date. It was the happiest time of my life."

"I was surrounded by friends, had a loving boyfriend, and found my passion of directing films. All of it came crashing down when I found out he was just using me like the rest. It didn't hurt as bad when everyone else used me, but he did. He put his roots into my heart, then ripped them right out. He wanted a famous girlfriend to make him look good. While he was dating me, he was also hooking up with two other girls. They are the only ones I knew about."

"The bastard broke my heart. I vowed to not let it happen again. Despite that vow, I couldn't leave him. I loved him too much, so we stayed together for three more months. It wasn't what I wanted though. He started to show his true colors. Drinking every night, hooking up with sluts, then coming back to me wanting the same thing. I wouldn't have sex with him though, because I was afraid at that point. He became violent, and wouldn't let me leave him."

"That's when I started to wear the hoodies. They covered up the bruises. I no longer had friends. Anyone who would try would just be shut out immediately. I loved him though. Fucking took away my life. Two years gone because of Cole."

That was the first time I have said his name since. It makes me sick.

Dylan pulls me into him as tears start to slide down my face.

"Two fucking years. The bastard abused me and tortured me. I gave him everything, but the one thing he wanted." I cry into his shirt.

He wasn't going to take my virginity. No way in hell was that going to happen.

"Look at me." Dylan says calmly, despite his tense muscles.

"Whatever happened is in the past. This is different. I am different. Who cares if you are rich. I just care about the girl underneath. He is a son of a bitch for hurting you. I won't make that mistake." he tells me, wiping my tears away.

Did he just say that he cares about me? Warmth seeps through my body at that thought. It has been so long since someone has told me that they care. I am really falling for him. It scares the hell out of me.

Dylan's POV

She is so beautiful. I have made up my mind. I will try to give up the alcohol and partying for her. She deserves better than some drug addict that can't get his own shit together.

Little footsteps pad across the floor and Mels pops up in front of us.

"You tired?" I ask her.

She nods, rubbing her eyes.

"We can stay here tonight. My parents are gone, and the staff is out for vacation." Raiden says.

"Do we want the guest bedroom across or mine?" Raiden asks.

"We?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"You can just sleep downstairs on the couch." she replies.

"Cute." I tell her.

"I try."

We tuck Mels into the guest bed, then head over keeping the doors open so she knows were not far. She crawls onto her bed, with me right beside her. The lights are off and the room is really dark with the walls, but I can still see her beautiful dark hair.

Her light blue eyes turn towards me as I rest my arm around her. She snuggles in to my side, and lays her own hand down on my chest.

She is too good for me. Someone like me doesn't deserve her. I don't deserve this kind of happiness.

"Why haven't you done anything like partying or drinking in a long time?" she asks softly.

I sigh and reply, "I stopped when I found out you were a girl. Lets just say that you are my new addiction."

"Your cheesy." she says, curling her leg around mine.

It sends electricity through my whole body at her touch. Not only that but she isn't wearing the leggings anymore.

"You love it though." I reply.

"You're right. I do love it. Goodnight Dylan." she says.

I kiss her softly on the lips, loving the taste.

"Goodnight Callen."