Welcome to My Hurricane Part Two

If you haven't read the first part then please do. It is the chapter before this one. The beginning starts kind of the same way as part one. Please read the point of view and the bold. Thanks, and enjoy.

-madmaxice

Luke's POV

Night of the party, after Raiden and Dylan's fight

Too many possibilities for the murderer. It could be the woman, but I doubt it. I wonder though. The kid seemed like he knows. I should question him with out the police. I am sure they won't mind, too much anyway. They need me for this case. The worst thing that could happen is I get fired.

I turn down and see a figure that looks like Raiden on the playground. I walk over to her, and her face is blank and devoid of emotion. She looks like me.

"You know that your blood will run to your head. I would rather not solve your murder case." I tell her.

Her eyes are paler than usual as they turn to meet mine. Her expression does not falter.

"Maybe I want to die." she mutters.

"Why would you want to do that?" I ask, crossing my arms.

She doesn't reply, and just simply stares at anywhere but me. I get it. Dylan did something. He most likely drank, cheated, and some other third effect. The look in her eyes suggests this isn't her first go at this. She has been through cheating before, wait. Worse, she has been abused too.

My eyes flash over her arm covered in blood.

"Let me at least help you." I tell her, reaching out.

"Leave me alone!" she yells, pulling away.

She jumps down off the monkey bars, and turns to face me. Her eyes are almost animal like. They are wild and untamed.

"I don't want to talk to you right now. I can't even look at you. You two are like twins. I swear just leave me alone." she says, walking away.

"Raiden!" I call out, but she starts to run.

I could run after her, but I don't see what good that would do. Besides I have to work on the murder case.

That's right. Don't run after the girl who you for some reason care about. She is just in pain. Physically and mentally. This is something big that is happening in her life. Don't worry about her. She will never be okay.

I hate myself.

I run after her, keeping my distance. We end up at her house, and she goes into her garage. Minutes later she speeds out of her gate in a red Lamborghini. She does know how to make an exit. I don't have a car though. How am I supposed to follow her?

I head back to the house, and quickly grab Dylan's keys to his motorcycle. I jump on it, and fly down the road in the direction she went in. I don't know what he did to her, but this isn't good. I have never really felt like this. Never really cared about anyone but Dylan. I don't even care about my own mother. She sends us money and that's all I care about.

I keep driving for a long time until I am pretty far out of town, that's when I smell it. Gasoline and smoke. I speed up and then it comes into view.

Tire marks are all over the road. Red metal is twisted and bent in ways that it shouldn't be. A tire is in the middle of the road. There is a black car smashed right in the front of a red one.

I jump off the motorcycle, and run over to the crash. From the looks of the tires and impact, this wasn't her fault. I dig through the mess while calling 911. Finally I find her in the mess of metal.