He Was A Good Man

Raiden's POV

What the hell am I even doing? I stare at my packed bags like they are about to sprout legs and walk away from me. Daring them to try. I always love the family ball, but this time I have to bring Dylan.

Sure. I could break up with him, but that would defeat this story line. We haven't even reached the real climax yet. I let out a sigh, and roll over on my bed.

Not to even mention Sebastian. We sat out on the balcony for two hours. Two hours! Just us sitting there in silence until Jace came out and told him that my father wants everyone out so they can go to sleep.

I seriously fell for the wrong bad boy. Ash doesn't really fit that persona either. He is just friends with Dylan and can throw a mean punch. I have to admit, he has nice arms. Dammit! I have to stop thinking these things.

My main objective is to start making Dylan aware that I am not interested. Slowly and maturely. He will figure out. It may break him. I have no idea, but I do know that he will never do it again. This will hopefully save the girl who does get through to him. If she ever comes.

My bed sinks down next to me and Jace is smiling like the Cheshire cat.

"What can I do for you?" I ask.

I told him all about what happened with Dylan. He is my help. Jace and I grew up together. He's like a brother to me, so he is straight up pissed at Dylan.

"Well your so called boyfriend is here. He is also soaking wet." he replies.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"Better for you to see." he replies, taking my hand.

I let him drag me up, and soon we are downstairs. I look outside to see Dylan drenched and beside our pool.

"How the hell did you get him in the pool?" I ask, trying to hold back my laughter.

"The same way you did to me back in the third grade." he replies, admiring his work.

"The student has passed the master." I tell him, sticking my hand out.

He shakes it, and I grab a towel.

"Here." I tell Dylan.

"Thanks." he replies, taking it.

"About last night, I didn't mean to be so cold. I trust you, but not him." he tells me.

"Why? You and Ash are friends." I ask.

"Yeah, but I have my reasons." he replies.

I sigh, and nod. Everyone seems to have their reasons.

"Raiden are you packed?" my mother asks, peeking out of the door.

"Yeah I am. Hey are we stopping in Denmark?" I ask.

"Not this time. Sorry sweetheart." my father replies, kissing the top of my head.

"What's in Denmark?" a deep voice says behind me.

I turn around to see Link, Jake, and Ash. What the hell are they doing here? More importantly Ash better quit smirking at me before I slap his pretty face.

"Oh nothing." Peyton says, teasing me.

"Don't you dare you little bitch." I tell her.

"Who me? How dare you accuse me of such non sense. I am offended." she says.

"Is anyone going to answer my question?" Ash asks.

"Raiden's first boyfriend lives in Denmark." Jace replies, flopping himself on the couch.

"You little bastard." I say.

"Dirty mouth today huh? Are you on your period?" he asks.

I lunge at him, and pin him down.

"Guess so." he says nonchalantly, acting like it doesn't bother him.

Everyone else though is staring at us like we have three heads. This is how we usually act around each other.

I sit up, and place my feet on his lap.

"So what did he do to you?" Link asks, taking his own seat on the chair.

"Nothing. We just broke up because I was leaving. It was the typical summer hook up kind of thing. Only no sex and more kid friendly." I reply.

"How old were you?" Dylan asks, now warmed back up.

"Twelve." I reply.

"He was a good man." my father mutters walking through the living room.

He still hates that we broke up, especially after what happened with Coda.

"What's his name?" Ash asks, his voice curious but a thin layer of anger is there.

"Kevin." I reply, biting my bottom lip.

"Enough on my past life. It's not worth the time. Let's get the bags in the car. Come on Jacey." I say, kicking him up.

"Okay woman." he replies.

We all load up, and the three guys all say their goodbyes.

"Hold on, I think I forgot something." I say, heading up to my room.

I find my phone on the dresser, and put it in my pocket. When I turn around, I run into something hard. More like someone.

My eye look up to green ones.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my voice sounding a little weak.

"Just wanted to give you something before you left. That way I can finally get some sleep." he replies.

I open my mouth to ask what, but he closes it with a kiss. It's unexpected. Really unexpected, but very welcomed. I kiss back softly, and we let go.

"Now go kick his ass." he tells me with a smirk.

I laugh and smile at him.

"Will do Sebastian." I reply.

I get into the car, waving at them. We drive off, and I can't help but smile to myself.

Jace raises his eyebrows at me, most likely already knowing what happened. He can read me like a book. Dylan just thinks I am happy about the trip, and Peyton is too busy on her phone texting her boyfriend.

We get to the airport, and go through all the security crap. Next thing we are soaring through the air. I love planes. Sure they can crash and you will be dead, but the time spent in the air seems weightless. I never get bored of it.

That's why I want to go to college and become a journalist. I want to travel the world and write about all the things I have seen and done. I also want to write a book in my point of view of what it is like. More of a story than a novel.

A hand slips into mine, and Dylan smiles at me.

"Thank you for inviting me." he says.

I smile, but it is fake. I want to tell him that I don't want him here. I would rather want Ash sitting next to me right now. I want to see green eyes instead of grey ones. I can't though. Not yet. It's not the right time.

Just a little while longer my dear.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey guys. New chapter. Ash and Raiden finally kissed so yeah. That happened. I think I will call them Asden. What do you guys think?

***Vote, comment, and follow me.***

Song Recommendation: Goodbye Friend by David Guetta and The Script

-madmaxice