Uniform and Cooties

About an hour ago I got a call from my new boss at Rellen's Cafe. Mary told me to come in to try on the uniforms and learn the works early. Now I am standing here in the dressing room, regretting this. I don't even need a job. Why did I even suggest this?

"Let's see you dear." Mary says, walking in.

She claps her hands together and basically squeals.

"You look adorable!" she says, running over to me.

I am wearing a short soft pink dress that has flowers around the waist. This is not me at all.

"I guess I do, but I am not the adorable type." I reply.

"You do have that right. Lets find you something that suits your personality. We are trying to get each of our waitresses to show off their own style. We already have cute and innocent, they are the twins. Nerdy, shy, outgoing, musician, sports, oh! I know what you will be!" she says, grabbing a pile of clothes.

"Try this on!" she says.

I sigh, but put them on. It's a black leather dress that hits my mid thigh, and has small short sleeves. A pair of dark panty hose, pair with black wedges.

"I love it! You're the bad ass!" she squeals.

"Now let me do your makeup." she adds.

She puts on dark eye shadow with eyeliner, not too heavy though. Finally dark cranberry colored lipstick.

"Let's show you the ropes." she says, leading me out of the dressing room.

We get done as soon as the sign flips saying that it's ready to open. Not long after, a group of kids from my school comes in through the door. I didn't know that they came here. Is this place a hot spot or something?

"Can I take your order?" I ask.

"Raiden? I didn't know you worked here." a girl asks, blushing when she sees my attire.

"I just started today. Now what can I get you to drink?" I ask.

"A water is fine." she replies, looking down.

I get the rest of the drinks, then bring them back out.

"So Raiden, how are you and Dylan? Not that we care about him or anything." one girl asks.

I raise my eyebrows, which causes all of them to blush. I swear this is just like old times.

"We are great. Why do you want know?" I ask, popping out my hip.

Hey, Mary said I had to own the bad girl act. Let me own it.

"Just wondering." she replies, taking a sip of her lemonade.

"I will be back to check up on you later." I say with a smirk.

They all nod, and I walk away. As I do, I can hear them talking in low voices. Ah, the good old days. Oh memories, where'd ya go?

"Nice rookie." one of the twins says.

I think she is innocent. I can't remember.

"I am Juliet by the way. My sister is cute. Her name is Josie." she adds.

"Okay. I am Raiden, and thanks by the way." I say.

"I love your dress too. I wish that Mary would let me be the bad girl. I have been working here for a while now, and loved innocent back then. Now though I would rather trade. You handle it well though." she says.

"Thanks. If I have to dress up and act then I would rather be a snarky arrogant bad ass." I reply.

She laughs and nods.