Where is Chloe Beale

Chloe Beale was writing on her diary like every evening. She liked evenings, everything got quiet and comfy in the evenings. Her red locks were tied up in a ponytail and she was wearing her favorite pjs (light blue with little pink flowers all over the pants and the buttoned-up shirt) of course she was also wearing her purple hairy slippers. She loved her slippers. Sitting cross-legged on the chair, she was leaning over her desk, illuminated by a modest little lamp.

"...an eternal flame..." she muttered the song in her head while making a pause in the writing. A sad smile decorated her face, remembering. It was sad, yes... but it was helping her heal. She started writing everything about her life at Barden when she wouldn't leave the apartment, some months ago. Everything seemed nice in L.A... The new job was amazing, she was welcomed with open arms, the kids were sweet and talented, her best friend was staying with her until she could settle down... but all that only lasted one week. After that she couldn't deny it any longer and reality hit her like an iceberg hit the Titanic. And just like the Titanic she felt a crack and started sinking slowly, feeling lost as her lungs were unable to breath. It was actually a horrible feeling and it happened in the street, while she was walking to work. Aubrey picked up the phone right away and rescued the crying Chloe from the entrance of some building where she was sitting. She rescued her again. The redhead felt so lucky to have a friend like Aubrey, she really was her strength, the rock to hold on to in tough times... and that's why the blonde never left.

They gave Chloe a different job since then, instead of teaching the kids she was in charge of choosing and editing the songs, then sending them to the assistants... it was a temporary solution for her problem and she wasn't sure of how much patience they would have for her, but still it was a good solution and she was thankful. That way she could still work and keep her mind busy, in the safety of her apartment. It was hard to go out and meet people. Chloe didn't feel good around people anymore, she changed so much and Aubrey was really concerned about her best friend, who had always been outgoing and friendly. So the blonde had the idea of reminding Chloe about her true self, the cheerful redhead she had met at Barden University, the crazy dreamy Bella. She was so glad it really seemed to be working for Chloe, and slow changes could be seen. First her friend started to sing again, she would smile more, and slowly walk outside. Usually Aubrey had to walk with her everywhere, but lately she would make it to the supermarket (two blocks away) on her own. That was until 4 days ago, when Beca Mitchell was there. The country must have thousands of supermarkets and she had to be there at the exact moment Chloe was... Since then Chloe didn't go back to the beginning, but she did take some steps back in her recovery.

The therapy she was using was also getting harder, because she got to writing the part of Barden when Beca comes in... With a sigh she decided to stop for the day, left her pen carefully next to the diary and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Hey, Bree. You didn't tell me you got home." Chloe said when she saw her friend leaning against the counter.

"Oh hi, Chlo. I thought you were sleeping." Aubrey replied, drinking a sip of white wine.

"I was writing... Aubrey is that wine? Are you nervous?"

"Yeah, had a long day. How's it going with the writing?"

"It goes slower than before... you know." Chloe paused, looking at her feet. "Hey but where have you been all day?"

"Just working Chloe." Aubrey lied. "What's with the interrogatory?" She smiled at her friend to release some tension and Chloe poked her shoulder. "Chlo, this was in the mailbox" Aubrey lied again, handing an envelope to the ginger, who left her empty glass on the counter and reached out.