Flowers or chocolates?

Aubrey silently moved her lips forming the words "I'm out" While pointing to the door. Beca nodded and watched the blonde go. She felt a bit bad because Aubrey was always the one leaving her own apartment to let Chloe see she could be alone with Beca. The redhead was feeling more and more comfortable around the brunette, but she would still be scared of leaving the apartment. Beca sighed thinking about this and blaming herself one more time. In that moment Chloe was snoozing, cuddled on Beca's side on the couch. They had been watching a movie. It was so weird that Chloe would fall asleep with a movie, so Beca suspected the ginger didn't sleep well last night.

After a few more minutes, Chloe started waking up with a yawn, and sleepily rested her head on Beca's lap. This made the brunette shiver because in the last few days Chloe carefully avoided long lasting contact.

"Hey, goodnight weirdo" Beca joked with a smile, not sure what to do with her hands. She decided to scratch the back of her neck.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep" The redhead sad. When her blue eyes met Beca's, she immediately noticed Chloe's sadness.

"What's up, Chlo?" she carefully placed her hand on Chloe's bare shoulder. Her skin was warm and soft.

With a sigh, Chloe concentrated on her nails while talking. "My boss called yesterday. I have to go back soon or they will offer the job to someone else."

Beca didn't know what to say. Instead she finally found a place for her other hand and started stroking Chloe's hair softly. To her surprise she felt the ginger relax with the touch, closing her eyes. Beca took a few minutes to look at Chloe. Her gaze travelled from her feet, with those ugly but cute slippers, to her bent legs, then to her stomach, where Chloe's hands were placed. Beca bit her lip while watching the redhead's chest slowly moving up and down with relaxed breaths. And then her eyes found Chloe's face. She was so beautiful. Beca's heart was racing and she smiled to herself. She knew exactly what it meant and she mentally slapped herself because she didn't realize before. Always too slow, Mitchell.

Chloe's eyes snapped open and Beca was startled. Without realizing, the hand that was first on Chloe's shoulder had been drawing feather patterns on the ginger's face. Chloe blushed and avoided eye contact, but she didn't move. That was a good sign for Beca, but her hand went back to scratching her neck just in case.

"Enough sleeping for the day, don't you think?" She joked and Chloe smiled. "I'll help you with this, ok? You and me together." Beca's hand found Chloe's reassuringly.

.................................................................

Let's do this. Beca thought while walking on the street looking around. She was sure the flowers shop was around there... or was it the next street?

She tried to keep the smile on her face. Optimistic Beca was her new moto, she needed to help Chloe out of the shades and kick those shades in the ass a couple times so they would never ever come back again. Chloe was sunshine. Nothing and no one should dare to put a shade on her. Never.

Her head kept bringing Beca the images and the thoughts from the graduation party. She remembered how earlier that day Jesse wanted to have a deep conversation with her. He wanted to talk about their future of course. Where they would live, if they were going to move in together... all that crap that comes to a normal mind at an occasion like this. Beca didn't want to think about it. She didn't want to talk about it. Beca just wanted to party and enjoy her friends' company one last time at Barden. She wanted to enjoy happiness right there, have a few hours for herself. So she started thinking about the Bellas, one by one. They were her family, their bond was forever. Then she thought about Chloe. That girl was so special, Beca honestly didn't know how she could live without that flashlight all her life before Barden. She was so very thankful for having Chloe in her life. After that she thought about how Chloe always cared for her because of who she is. Chloe didn't make her watch movies, or interrupted during her mixing. Whenever Chloe noticed Beca was in a bad mood or didn't want to talk about something, she didn't push the brunette. Chloe never asked Beca to give more from herself. The ginger was so happy to have Beca just the way she was, and that was the reason why their bond was so strong. Chloe found the way to bring Beca's walls down, and the most amazing thing was she was just being herself too. Why couldn't Jesse be like that?

All this was in Beca's head during the graduation day, and mixed with alcohol and Chloe's confession... it just blew her mind. Suddenly Chloe was leaving. Suddenly Chloe was asking more from her. Suddenly she saw the possibility of Chloe being more than her best friend. Suddenly Beca felt things. And Beca didn't know how to deal with everything together. Her first reaction was her life-long first reaction: Pushing people away.

Beca shook her head, and a few steps ahead she finally found the flowers shop. She went inside and an old man asked how he could help.

"I would like a bouquet of white lilies, please." She said.

"Oh well young lady, that's a smart choice!" The old man said, already walking towards the flowers to select a few. "Did you know white lilies mean a promise?" He added, smiling kindly.

Beca didn't know that, but it made her smile, her eyes glowing. With her eyes fixed in the flowers she thought about Chloe again. She thought about how different things were now. Now Beca realized she is in love with Chloe, and she will make sure the redhead is happy for the rest of her life.

"Miss? The bouquet is ready, you can pay over there" The man chuckled lightly watching the brunette lost in her thoughts. "And good luck!" He added while Beca walked away.

40 minutes later, Chloe opened the door and saw Beca standing there, holding something behind her back. Their hearts melted while seeing the other girl show a beautiful smile for each other. The brunette stepped inside and as Chloe shut the door she showed her hands. One of them was holding a red box and the other was holding a bouquet of lilies.

"Flowers or chocolates?" Beca asked. Her smile grew even wider when she saw Chloe cover her mouth with the hand in surprise.

"Oh my god!" The redhead said, and then she reached out for the flowers. "White lilies! You remember they are my favourite!" She smelled the flowers. Beca saw the beautiful blue eyes fill with happy tears. Chloe took a moment, Beca waited.

"Did you know they mean a promise?" Beca asked after a while. She tilted her head so her eyes could meet Chloe's.

"Really? And what do you promise?"

There she was. The old Chloe Beale. Beca's heart was full of joy, her head screamed YES! Over and over again.

"I promise..." Beca started, but paused to hold Chloe's hand and squeeze it gently. A little tear was sliding down the ginger's cheek so Beca reached out to caress it away. "I promise that I will take you out of this apartment today and bring you back safe later"

Chloe had relaxed to Beca's touch, but she tensed hearing the words. Her eyes widened for a moment. She felt scared and her chest gave her a bit of trouble breathing. But Beca kept their eyes pierced, one hand on her cheek and the other hand holding hers. This gave Chloe the strength she needed.

"Awesome, Chlo" Beca whispered happily into Chloe's ear when she was embraced tightly.

Chloe pulled out of the hug and they looked at each other smiling brightly.

"Oh but let's take the chocolates with us, I bet you want to share them with me" Beca said jokingly and making the redhead laugh shaking her head.

Actually she said so because she needed to break the eye contact or she would kiss Chloe right there.