Burn out the question

"You are WHAT?"

"In love"

"Beca. You are WHAT?"

"In love, Aubrey. Dammit I am IN LOVE!"

Beca slammed her palm on the table with her last words and all the clients at the coffee shop turned around to look at her. She blushed but tried ignoring them running her hand through her hair. Her eyes met Aubrey's waiting for the blonde to say something.

"Don't you dare asking me that again" Beca warned when Aubrey opened her mouth.

"I won't" Aubrey said shaking her head. "You... you seem quite sure about it" She stated clearing her throat somewhere in the sentence.

"Thank you" Beca said, leaning her back on the chair again and rolling her eyes.

"But why, Beca? I mean how? I mean... You broke her heart when she confessed her feelings for you" It was kind of funny to see Aubrey struggle with words. Beca sighed.

"It's not easy for me to be telling you this. I would tell anyone else but you, honestly" Beca said. Aubrey crossed her arms offended as Beca continued "But you're the only one who can take it as serious as it is. And you're also Chloe's best friend, I wanna make sure you're ok with it, you know?"

Aubrey burst out in laughter and made Beca laugh too. Again the other people were looking at them awkwardly. Suddenly Aubrey's phone buzzed with a new message and she picked it up, still laughing.

"It's Chloe" She said. "She wants to know where I am cause she needs me" The blonde looked at Beca with worried eyes. Beca checked her own phone but she didn't find any message and that made her feel upset. "Mitchell this is no time to be jealous" Aubrey joked, causing Beca to scrunch her face in an unfriendly way. The blonde typed a quick reply to Chloe.

"Did you tell her we're together? If you do she will start aski-"

"Relax Hobbit! God that toner's got you freaking out. I'll keep the secret" Aubrey smiled honestly. "I'll keep the secret because Chloe is my best friend and you can make her happy, Hobbit"

"You really enjoy calling me that, don't you?" Serious Beca asked. Exaggerating the seriousness.

"Yes I do" Aubrey answered getting up and grabbing her bag. "And I am leaving now to check on your sweetheart. If you need advice on love matters you should ask someone else. Bye!" She walked away after receiving a punch in her arm from Beca at the word Sweetheart.

...........................

Aubrey opened the door to her apartment and immediately started coughing because of the smoke that was coming from the kitchen. She thought the place was on fire and hurried inside calling for Chloe. She found the redhead coughing too, in front of the open oven taking out some burnt things on a tray from it.

"Chloe what's going on? Are you ok?" Aubrey asked opening the window to let the smoke get out of the room faster. Chloe nodded and coughed for a while longer, sadly staring at her failed cookies.

"I'm sorry Bree, but you were taking too long and I wanted to try... Where have you been anyway?" Chloe said and asked curious.

"Are you serious? You almost freaking burnt the place and you ask where I have been?" Aubrey crossed her arms annoyed. "I came as fast as I could because you needed me, according to that text you sent. Don't tell me you needed me to make cookies..."

Chloe looked down feeling ashamed and without words Aubrey understood.

"Chloe! I thought you had a panic attack or something, dammit! Nest time please add information to the message, will you? Now help me clean this, come on"