Chapter 1

There I was stretching in the studio waiting for Dustin when he quickly ran in the door.

"You're fifteen minutes late," I scolded him as he changed his shoes and joined me on the floor.

"No shit Sherlock," he smirked as he opened his legs to a split in second.

"Watch your language in front of the teacher. You do realize we have a competition this week."

"I know, I'm sorry, but there was bad traffic."

"Whatever," I said as I finished stretching.

"You do realize what tomorrow is," Dustin changed the subject.

"Don't remind me," I said know he meant the first day of school.

"No more nonsense," called our teacher, Mrs. Bellerose.

Dustin quickly stood up and took my hand. We positioned ourselves in our starting poses and Mrs. Bellerose started the music.

Dustin and I are competitive ball room dancers. This upcoming weekend we were going to competition and had to perform a fast foxtrot. I was scared out of my mind.

Although foxtrot isn't that hard, this was my first time doing it in a competition.

So there I am overthink the dance as usual and Dustin picks me up. I completely forget to swing my legs and land and wind up on my knees.

"Oh no," Mrs. Bellerose said quickly turning off the music. Every dancer know how serious even a small injury could be.

"I'm fine," I say staggering to my feet. Dustin offers me a hand and I grab it. He pulls me to my feet.

"What the hell were you doing," he scolds me once he realizes I'm alright.

"I was thinking about the next step and forgot about the lift," I said and I felt me cheeks turn red.

"Well since your alright we'll go again," Mrs. Bellerose said starting the music again.

I don't fall for the rest of the class, but Mrs. Bellerose stops now and then to make corrections.

After class I seated in the waiting room drinking water, when Dustin rushes past me.

"Where are you going in such a hurry," I ask right before he can get out the door.

"Because of all the practicing we've been doing I forgot to read the book," he said shamefully.

"Are you walking," I asked to which he nodded. "I'll help." I quickly changed my shoes and we walked to my house to get my notes.

After we headed to his house.

"So then the dog ran away," Dustin asked confused.

"No the girl gave the dog away," I said for about the millionth time. "That happened in the beginning. Did you read anything?"

"Like I said we were busy."

"Yeah for the past month! What about June and July?"

"Oh uh," Dustin said quietly.

"You're gonna fail," I said laughing. Which I knew immediately was a mistake.

The first time Dustin ever heard me laugh was when he tickled me during a dance. So now every time I laugh he uses it as an excuse to tickle me.

Dustin quickly lunged at me and say on me so I couldn't get up. He tickled me which only made me laugh more.

"Get off of me fat ass," I managed to say through the constant laughter.

"Make me," he said smirking.

I tried to pull away, but he was too heavy. As he continued to tickle his body came closer to mine. We were looking dead at each other and I thought he might kiss me. I thought I pushed him off, but soon realized he had pulled away.

"Too gay to kiss me," I said smirking.

"I wasn't gonna kiss you jackass." He started to copy my notes again.

We waited in awkward silence for a while, except for the occasional "turn the page".

"Hey listen," I finally said around seven o'clock, breaking the silence after two hours. "I've gotta leave."

"Alright babe," Dustin said smirking while he finished writing a sentence.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I gathered my belongings and left.

On my way home I walked past my best friend ,next to Dustin, Chloe's house. Her mother was sitting on their step and I could her father yelling inside.

"Hi Michele," I said walking up to her. As I got closer I could see the bruises on her arms and her tears running down her face.

"You should go, Austin's mad again and I don't want him to see you here," she said quietly.

Before I had a chance to say goodbye and leave, the door swung open and Chloe was thrown onto their front patio.

The video up top is a foxtrot. Dustin and Faye's dance might have looked similar.