Chapter 24

"Are you ready," Dustin asked me while we were backstage getting ready.

School was over and this was our last competition before the season was over. I looked at him and smiled, "No."

"We,ll do fine." He sprayed some hair spray and fixed his hair.

"This is my first competitive since my injury and I don't wanna get hurt."

"You're not gonna get hurt," he started. "We've been doing these tricks for months."

"Five left before you go," Mrs. Bellerose said walking into the dressing room.

"Okay," we both said getting up. I hugged Mrs. Bellerose.

"You're gonna do fine," she hugged back. "Now go backstage and stretch a little more." We followed her directions.

"Oh my God we're next," I freaked out to Dustin.

"Chill," he grabbed my shoulder.

"We're on in thirty seconds! I can't chill!"

"If you do this you're gonna mess up," he tried to explain frustrated at me.

"I know, I'm just," I started, but he cut me off. Dustin leaned in quickly and kissed me. I kissed back.

He pulled away and asked, "Did you feel anything?"

"No," I admitted.

"Me either," we both laughed.

"Number 83, Dustin and Faye with a waltz," the announcer said. I took my dance partner's hand and we walked onto the stage and were blinded by the bright lights.