Chapter 20

I threw myself onto my bed after I took my makeup off and put my pajamas on. I was kind of pissed at Dustin, but I don't blame him for taking a chance. I would have done the same. It was already one o'clock, but I wanted to text Frankie before I fell asleep.
Can we talk, I texted.
When I get back, he answered.
He was scheduled to come home tomorrow.

===========================

"I was wrong," I told Frankie as we say on his front steps. "I wanted to pull away-"

"But you didn't," he cut in.

"I know, I know."

"I'm mad, but not enough to call it quits. I would have done the same if I like you. He saw an opportunity and he took it. It's his fucking fault."

"I'm sorry." I buried my face into his hand.

"It's alright." He put his arm around me and pulled me close. "I love you," he whispered into my ear.

It felt too early for those words, but I couldn't help feeling the same.

"I love you too," I whispered back. He kissed my cheek.

I heard hard footsteps on the pavement, but I assumed they were from some stranger. I knew somethings was wrong when Frankie stood up. I looked up and found Dustin standing there.

"Son of a bitch," Frankie yelled joking Dustin's side. He shoved Dustin hard.

"Shut the fuck up," Dustin shoved back.

"Who the hell do you think you are? You fucking kiss my girl and then show up here like nothing happened!"

"I came here to apologize," Dustin said sternly.

"I don't care what you came here to do!"

"Stop," I said rushing down the stairs. Frankie lifted his arm to hit Dustin, but I grabbed his fist in time. He shoved me back and I fell onto the steps.

Dustin took a swing at Frankie made him fall to the floor. "Don't you fucking touching her like that!"

"This is just between me and you, I don't want her to be a part of it." He kicked Dustin in the crotch (that was kind of a cowardly move if you ask me) and he groaned in pain. Frankie got into his feet and sung at Dustin. He fell to the floor and got into of him throwing punch after punch.

I was immobile. I could my process what was going on quick enough to allow my self to move. I sat there like an idiot watching Frankie beat the shit out of one of my best friends. I finally jumped onto of Frankie and pulled him off.

"Frankie stop," I screamed as I pulled him off.

"Fuck you, man," Dustin said spitting out blood.

"Fuck you," Frankie yelled back. I spun him around to look at me.

"Baby, stop. Please baby, you don't have to do this," I told him. He kissed me out of spite. The walked inside. I waked over to Dustin's side. "Sorry," I said helping him up.

"You didn't do anything," he replied once he was on his feet. I examined his face. He lost a tooth and got a black guy. "He's an asshole."

"He's overprotective that's all."

"I came to apologize and that's what he fucking does."

"I know it was uncalled for. He's pissed about last night."

"Can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about."

"It's not about that," he said to my surprise.

"Then what is it about," I asked.

"Mrs. Bellerose wanted me to come back."