Chapter 21

"You know you're crazy right," I told Dustin after his jarring news. "Frankie will kill you."

"It's not his call," Dustin replied. "Mrs. Bellerose wants me there on Monday. Plus, he's your boyfriend, doesn't he get enough time spent with you."

"You're right," I admitted.

"Then I'll see you Monday," he said giving me a hug. Then he left. I went back inside to Frankie's house. I found him resting on his bed.

"You calm now," I asked sitting down next to him.

"He's a prick," Frankie exclaimed.

"He came to apologize," I tried to reassure him.

"Sure," he told me sarcastically.

"Babe, you know he's just my friend." I curled up into his arms.

"But you didn't pull away." He moved away from me.

"I wanted to."

"But you didn't," he stood up and stormed out of his own room. I grabbed my jacket off his bed and walked to Chloe's house.

"He's defiantly not going to be happy about that," Chloe informed me once I told her about what happened today and what Dustin told me.

"Should I be doing something," I asked.

"No, unless you want to choose to keep your boyfriend and not you friends, or the other way around."

"Mhmm," I replied.

===========================
It was Monday at lunch and we all just sat there quietly. Dustin and Frankie kept exchanging dirty looks and I looked at Chloe for help.

"Uhh, Dustin, Mr. Horton wanted to see you about a few missing tests," Chloe finally said.

"I'll be right back, Faye," Dustin said cockily as he left.

"Thanks," I mouthed to Chloe.

"I gotta take a piss," Frankie said standing up angrily. I rolled my eyes. Chloe noticed.

"You need to do something about this shit," she told me.

"Like what," I asked resting my face into my hands.

"It's obvious that they don't like each other and if it continues one of them is gonna give up on you."

"So what, I break up with Frankie, or ditch Dustin," I asked.

"No, but I think all three of you should talk."

"Did you see Dustin's black eye? I make them talk and I think they'll both wind up dead."

"Then talk to them not separately," she explained, and that's what I planned on doing.

"What's he doing here," Frankie asked me when we walking into the studio after school and found Dustin there. Mrs. Bellerose emerged from studio B and pulled Frankie away. I sat next to Dustin and put my character shoes on.

"It's nice being back," Dustin admitted. I smiled. All of the sudden Frankie stormed past us and went outside slamming the door behind him.

Mrs. Bellerose followed and stated, "I don't think he's too pleased with what's going on." Dustin and her both laughed slightly. I texted Frankie apologizing and also saying I would be over after dance (I wanted to talk to him first.)

It felt natural dancing with Dustin even with what's been happening. Mrs. Bellerose knew I should still be careful with my arm so we needed to talk about a few things. We all sat down to talk.

"So I know we did that one competition a few months ago, but that was a rare occurrence," Mrs. Bellerose explained. "That didn't take place in competition season. I understand that now it is competition seasons, but I want to lie low for a few months before we compete because of your arm, Faye. We'll start the dance today, but we won't be competing until May."

We went back into the studio and she began to teach us as much of the dance as time permitted. After class I checked my phone. Frankie said he was busy so I couldn't come over. It appeared that I would have to talk to Dustin first.

"Hey, Dustin," I said tapping his shoulder as he continued putting his dance shoes on.

"Mhmm."

"Wanna go to the library and do our homework? Just like old times, you know."

"Sure," he said looking up at me and smiling. Once we changed our shoes we began walking to the library. Once we were there we got our books out and started working.

"What's this really about," Dustin asked me.

"I wanna talk to you," I told him. He nodded his head telling me to continue. "Dustin, you've been my best friend since we were little and I don't wanna loose that, but I really like Frankie. Do you think you can just act like everything is okay, until this all blows over?"

"Faye," he looked me straight in the eyes and took my hand. "Everything isn't okay, but if this is what you need me to do, I'll do it."

"Thanks," I smiled. I looked up to see what time it was, but before I found the clock on the wall I found a familiar looking dark silhouette standing with someone who had long hair. I looked closely and figured out that it was Frankie. He was talking to another girl.