Chapter 19

"What are you doing here," Dustin asked me as he opened his front for in his I underwear. His face turned a bright red.

"I need to charge my phone," I said pushing past him. I started walking upstairs to his room.

"Ok then." He followed me up.

"Where's your parents?"

"Out eating somewhere." I plugged my phone in and sat on his bed.

"Why did you come all the way here to charge your phone anyway," he asked me and sat next to me.

"I was at Frankie's and my phone died, but I couldn't find a charger. Now it's almost New Year's and I'm not going to get a kiss unless my phone charges quick enough."

"You know that charging your phone doesn't make boyfriends appear."

"It's 2015 idiot. It's called FaceTime!"

"I just realized I'm sitting here in my boxers."

"That you are," I replied. He got up and put on a pair of sweatpants. Then he sat down again.

"Ten minuets to twelve," Dustin informed me.

"Great," I replied. We both sat their bantering for another five minuets until I saw my phone turn.  I quickly got up and grabbed it. I called Frankie back.

"Where'd you go," he asked me.

"My phone died and I had to run to Dustin's house."

"Oh," he said surprised. I sat back down on Dustin's bed.

Before we knew it the countdown was already at 45 seconds.

"I can't believe it's already a new year," I said.

40

"I know," Frankie replied.

35

"Are you ready for our kiss," I asked him.

30

"You know," Frankie started, but then my screen froze.

25

"No, no, no, he just froze. Fuck my life! I can never have anything nice.

20

"You really want a New Year's kiss don't you," Dustin asked.

15

"Well yea because I'm in a relationship," I replied.

10

"Well then we can't let that wish go unanswered." Dustin leaned over and placed his had near my hip.

5

"Dustin, no," I told him like he was a damn dog.

0

Dustin leaned in and kissed me. I wanted to pull away, but I wouldn't. My arm holding my phone fell by my leg, providing a perfect viewing area for Frankie. My phone unfroze and Frankie was back and his family was cheering in the back.

"What the fuck," he yelled. I opened my eyes, I don't know why they were in the first place, and pulled away.

"Babe it's not like that," I tried to explain.

"Whatever," he hung up.

"Dammit Dustin. Why the hell did you do that."

"Says the girl who did pull away." I felt my face got hot and I could tell I was blushing. "I felt bad, okay."

"Whatever, I get it."

"I'm sorry," he said.

"I have to go," I got up and ran out of his room and all the way to my house.