2~I Finally Meet My All Time Doofus of a Brother

Percy jumped up from his bed and turned around. 

"Father?"

I stifled a giggle, but failed miserably. My brother's face changed from confusion to annoyance, to what must have been what Percy used for intimidation. It didn't work well.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my cabin?" He sounded so annoying that i had to use my amazing retorting skills.

"You should be grateful that i didn't come in here any other time, Seaweed Brain," the offence sounded right, but saying it made me realise that I was also a Seaweed Brain, if that nickname had anything to do with our father "Otherwise we would both regret what would be seen here,"

Percy's expression softened a bit, which annoyed me. A retort was supposed to annoy the retortee(is that a word?!), not the retorter. 

"Annabeth?" He asked. His expression was cute now, almost hopeful. But sisters don't drool over their brothers 'cute' expressions. Oh no.

"Who's Annabeth?" I asked, and I felt myself become visible. Percy gasped, but I wasn't finished yet. "Your girlfriend?" 

"Who are you?" I was just about to tell him, too. But then the horse-guy had to burst in.

"Percy," He said, and I could sense that he was much older than he made out to be "Something is happening. To Nico," 

Nico must have been important to Percy, because he went with the horse-guy immediately, with only a slight glance back at me. Afterwards, i could hear Percy asking him.

"Chiron, do you know if I ever had...a sister,"

I woke with Percy's question ringing in my ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several weeks after my...'meeting' with Percy, more questions formed in my mind. Infact, I could barely contain some of them. Once, on one of the rare occasions of having dinner with my Dad, I accidentally asked him:" What's Camp Half Blood?"

My Dad looked stunned, then dissapeared into bubbles, not even bothering to finish his smoked steak(Hey, in the fish world, we don't eat fish. Just don't ask me how to make smoked steak in water). Actually, I think he must have come back for it later, cuz when the seahorses and hippocampi came over to eat the leftovers, they left empty handed(or empty-finned or something).

I didn't have any other dreams about Percy, which was a little disappointing. Yeah, sure, he was annoying, and a little over-cautious, but there was something about the guy that i liked. Must be that dumb connection we have because we're twins. Dang.

After a while, I became aware of something worrying that was spreading through my Father's court. First it was just a rumour. Then a suggestion. Then a threat.

It was something to do with dreams. Apparently, demigods had been found asleep in some sort of 'nightmare state'. It was as if they were trapped in a permanent nightmare, with them squirming and gasping, but not waking up no matter how much noise they would make. It sounded pretty weird.

But then, one morning, my father got an emergency message from someone called Chiron, from a place called Camp Half Blood. Of course, i couldn't help overhearing Dad's conversation with the naiad that came, considering that I had heard both names before, and they were both related to Percy.  

"It has spread rapidly, sir," said the naiad "almost three cabins have been infected, with others from different cabins infected also,"

"What has that got to do with me?"

"The Oracle, sir. She keeps trying to give a prophecy, but it seems that no one around her is the right one to give it to. She says that in her dreams, she sees a dark haired girl with sea-green eyes being given the prophecy,"

I heard my father pacing around.

"How would CHiron know, though?" I could hear him ask himself "No one except my subjects know,"

"Percy says he's seen her," I heard my father's pacing stop suddenly. When he spoke, I could hear a dangerous shaking in his voice.

"How in the name of Zeus did he see her?!"

"I can answer that," 

Yeah, yeah. I was pretty much commiting demigod suicide coming out like that. How did it go? Well, all I can say is that I'm pretty happy my dad's not Zeus, otherwise I was stir fry.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF-" He hesitated. Kinda hard to say 'what in the name of god' when you are one "Never mind. Helia, go get Tumbler and Surf ready," Tumbler and Surf were hippocampi. Why was Dad getting ready to go on a journey? And where to?

Dad looked at me like he'd read my mind(which he probably had). He laughed.

"Why, to meet your brother, of course!"