Chapter 4

I woke up once again drenched in sweat, hyperventilating. Rin's last cries repeatedly haunting my entire existance. I can feel her warm viscous blood on my hand again. I rushed towards the sink, and again almosed peeled my skin off clean but the blood stayed as dark as the sky outside and now my own existence,  is not comming off. I keep scraping it off until I woke up completely and realised that I have again been cursed to live yet another day. Slowly the sky infront of my blank exhausted eyes shed its grieving black cover and the first few rays of dawn peek through the darkness, slowly but effectively making peace with the  haunts and the dark abyss of the night that could not any longer keep the heavy, resiliant flow of the light from surfacing. Little by little light took over the dark and almost effortlessly the sky no longer seems sorrowed. It shines with new light,  the dark defeated.

Somehow this usual victory over dark that I  almost regularly witness doesn't seem ordinary today. I don't know why but I feel like the dark will soon have to give up. That the resilience of this light will ultimately make dark bow down and in the end the light will emerge victorious.

What stupid thoughts am I  having righy now!  *sigh* light!  I'm  pretty sure my usual qouta of light is going to have some serious deductions for a year,  *sigh* I  have to babysit a child. Why does it have to be me?!!  I mean there are many other perfectly accomplished warriors who would be a whole lot better for this job. But I guess its an occupational hazzard..  you can't argue with the hokage...

So after my usual workout schedule I went for my routine rounds around the village. Its peaceful and satisfying.. too peaceful if you ask me, its like the peace and quite  before something bad is about to happen. I shook that thought off as I continued for four more hours of my rounds, and after lunch, I'll be *sighhh* recieving my mission for a whole *siighh* year.

After I'd completed  my rounds, I  took out the book that I was reading.. its way too peaceful  around here to worry about. I read to almost completion till lunch after which I had lunch, ramen. As I sat there eating I couldn't help but overhere the bickering between the chef and a little blond boy accompanied by his sensei,  Naruto was enjoying his uaual bowl of ramen while complaining to Iruka,  his teacher and  the chef, who after spotting me sitting there came for my order. I smiled a little as I saw Iruka acting all like a big brother with Naruto. He kept explaining to him why his sexy jutsu, a creation of Naruto himself,  which I  think is remarkable at this age, isn't a jutsu that he can graduate from the academy by. And Naruto doesn't stop giving his explanations for why it is. If only Minato sensei could overhear this conversation, it made me chuckle to imagine the expressions on his face. But I'm pretty sure his wife, Kishina sama, would've been sort of proud. Iruka spotted me sitting there smiling, and his tired expressions turned into pure shock and amazement into ease, its been a while that people have seen me smiling. I ate my ramen while enjoying the exchange of some really exceptional explainations why a sudden surprise attack of seducing naked women is so much better than our usual exhausting,  uselessly destructive chakra consuming jutsus and attacks and why it isn't. I'm not really sure about the latter though. I think Naruto has a point there.

I left the money on the counter while resentfully leaving a perfectly interest worthy conversation that was no where near end just like the bowl after bowl of ramen that Naruto kept ordering. Its time to pick up my own painful mission. I headed towards the gates leaving my perfectly uneventful life behind *sigh* I've been sighing alot lately.

I reached the gates while observing the presence of two masked, and by masked I mean completely covered from head to toe, men and another one who wasn't as tall or well built like his companions. They wore khaki hoodies that extend from their heads to the very nail of their pinky toe. The hoodie was zipped completely infront,  hiding half of their faces upto their eyes and their eyes were covered by some really black shades. Ok so it is a little sunny out here but it was really difficult to make out their skin colors even. Along them was a leaf jounin, specifically a hyuga leaf jounin. I guess with companions so shy you have to make sure that it's really them under their huge pile of clothing via continuously scanning their chakra.

"My name is Yaku and this is my subordinate Yoki," Yaku and Yoki, did they send them on purpose together, a wild thought crossed my mind "we are here to safely handover you our most priced possession, lord Yuuma Yamashi" these guys really have something for Y in their names, huh. "I appreciate your duty in providing him here safely, I will take him from here, thankyou. " I  replied politely. "Take good care of our lord, he's really an exceptional soul, much cherished and loved." By the sound of their voices, since I can't describe their looks,  they seem sad in letting go of this boy. It's not common to witness people actually caring about shinobi who are stronger then anyone else. They are mostly either terrified by them or they simply hate their guts for existing. This site really moved me. "You don't need to worry about him from here on out. Leaf has hosted anyone and mostly everyone like a family and we really care about our families over here, we give our lives for them. Lord Yuuma will find this village synonymous to a home" I replied as politely as I  could.

I can't really tell whether my reassurance gave them any ease or not but they bowed to me and I  bowed back,  and to their lord who doesn't look like more than 15 or 16 years old and without saying a word, left. Lord Yuuma then walked over to me and the leaf jounin left as well.

"My name is Kakashi Hatake. And I will be your companion for this year if everything goes as planed Lord yuuma." I introduced my self.

"Hey kakashi san, word of advice dude, stop calling me lord Yuuma. That lord thingi makes me wanna break someone's  face. Yeah call me Yuuma or Yuumi or anything that doesn't has lord in it" what the hell!!! Did he just call me dude! Call him yuumi! What is wrong with this skinny girly boy with voice shreakier than most girls!  This is one haughty little, oh I know what I'll call him, an arrogant-disrespectful-shreaky-feminine-little-spoiled brat!  Is he raised by wolves of something!!

"Yo Kakashi san" he casually asked clicking his fingers in my face "dude what got your tongue?!  If you're done staring at my flawless self it'd be real nice to get some rest buddy,  I just had a really tiring jurney, just let my awesomeness sink in as soon as possible dude. " I'm not sure anymore,  by the end of this mission I might be labelled as a rogue ninja for killing the only hope this world had!  If he keeps opening his mouth, he might as well just spell out the words k-i-l-l-m-e! What in the world was lord third thinking about handing me this brat! 

I suppose I can't practically just pierce a hole in him too. He is my mission I have to endure! *SIIIIGGGHHHHH* we headed towards the hokage mansion...