Chapter 2 - Day 2 Meeting Strangers

It was already morning, I felt my skin burning as the sunlight hits me through the window. I quickly stand up from the bed, hid through the shadows, and then found myself in new clothes.

"Good morning, Leah. Coffee?" Melinda said cheerfully. "By the way, I made you a 'Sun Walker' ring. It's above the desk."

"Thanks a lot for the ring. And I don't wanna be rude by saying there's nothing good in the morning. And also that coffee looks so tasty that it would only be wasted if I drank it, because my body was already dead and can survive without those any tasty stuffs above your beautiful lace covered table." I told her as I wear the ring she made.

"Such a good young lady." She said with a smile. "You'll made an old lady stomach full today." She added.

"Oh, ahahaha no. You can't call me a young lady. I'm a vampire." I chuckled.

"Aunt Melinda?" A voice of a young man sounded at the back of the front door. Knocks came after.

"Oh," He said after the door was opened by Melinda.

He stared at me for awhile then turned at her.

"Auntie, who is she?" He asked with excitement and curiosity visible in his eyes.

"Ah," she said then turned at me. "Leah, this is my adopted son, Henley." Then she turned at him and say "Henley, meet Leah. My old friend's daughter."

He looked at me with a smirk on his cheeks which also showed his 'cute' dimples. I'll be lying if I said he's not handsome.

I smiled back.

"Would you like if I tour you in this village?" He asked.

I looked at Melinda. She smiled at me which maybe a sign for me to go with him. I looked at Henley again.

"Sure." I answered.

"Great!"

He held my hands as if I wasn't a stranger. Villagers stared as me as we pass them. We stopped in front of a small store.

He placed his hands on my shoulders and then told me to stay here.

I looked at him as he walked into the store, which makes me feel a little bit of loneliness. After a minute, he came back holding an ice cream in each hands.

"Here." He said as he handed me one of the ice creams.

"I-I don't eat ice cream." I said.

"Cool...Ok, so just hold it for me, can you?" He asked disappointedly.

I just hold it while we're walking. A group of young men sitting on a bench, stared at us and one yelled his name.

"Henley!"

"Jack! Hey, what's up with you guys?" He said.

"Ohhhh," one of them said as he looked at me, smirking.

"Hey gorgeous, I'm Geoffrey. What's your-"

"Dude, she's mine. Don't talk to her like that." Henley said, boastfully.

"I'm Leah." I answered.

"Well, your name is pretty as you. Hi I'm Kevin."

"Hello." I said.

"Gotta go somewhere, bye." Henley said then grabbed my hands.

We stopped under a huge, old, tree.

"Don't talk to them, ok?" "They're lairs and-"

"What's with the I'm yours thing?" I fiercely asked as I crossed my arms.

"Why? Don't you like me?" He asked.

He came closer at me. I step back as he came closer. I bump my back on the tree.

"No. I don't like you. We've just met. What's wrong with you?" I told him.

"Really?" He asked playfully.

He came closer and closer to the point that I can already hear each of his heartbeat.

"What are you doing?" I asked him with annoyance in my voice.

"Henley!" Someone shouted from his back.

He turned back and faced a punch. It was Michael who punched him.

"What the hell, dude." Michael said as he get me from the tree where I leaned on.

"Michael, what's your problem?" "Mind your own business!" Henley argued with Michael.

He just looked at him and asked me, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, there are just some dirt on my shirt. But I'm fine all the way." I said then finished it with a smile.

He place his arm on my shoulder. We look like we're 'together' We started walking away from Henley. I thought he'll get me from Michael's arms, but he didn't. He just glared at him.

I looked at Michael. He's just cool and chill. Just looking forward. He caught me looking at him. He raised a brow at me.

"What?" He shouted.

I closed my eyes and shake my head.

"The last time I saw you, you're with an old lady. How did you end up with that trash?" He asked without looking.

"Um, the old lady was my mom's old friend. And Henley was her son." I answered.

"You stayed in their house? Cool." He said sarcastically.

I was speechless. I can't think what's with him today. I don't know what to say.

"Have you eaten something except from the ice cream?" He asked.

"Yes, a cup of coffee and a slice of bread." I lied.

"Well, you look like you're full already. I was thinking of getting you a breakfast but you've said you already had some." He said.

I feel so weak. I'm thirst for blood so bad.

"Is there a farm in here?" I asked.

"Yeah...why?"

"This is maybe a nonsense to you but I used to keep a pig as a pet..." I lied.

"And?" He said as he lean close to my ears.

"I'd be thankful if I see one today." I lied.

He chuckled. "That's quite...awesome. Come follow me."

I followed him as he walk through the uncovered
road.

Minutes later, I can already hear the chickens' crow, cows' moo and pigs' oinks.

"I can already hear the pigs!" I said.

"Cool, but we're still a mile away." He said.

Geez. I forgot he's a human. He won't really understand a vampire's hearing ability.