Chapter 10 - Day 6 Michael's Hospitability Is On Point

*11:01 pm*

I'm very afraid of what just happened to Henley. He might be wounded or even worst. I can't smell that much by now. I think the potion just last. I was already going back to Melinda but I just remember that I made a promise. I'm already near by now. I just change my way. I sat under a tree near to the stores. I might just rest here for now.

*shouting, Michael's voice*

"Hey you douche bag! I'm not done with you yet! I'll shoot!" I saw him shouting at a guy running away.

"Michael?" I called him.

"Leah! Are you crazy or just really stupid?" He shouts as he came near me.

I stood up. I don't understand what he's saying.

"Leah, what the hell are you doing here? Look what could just happened to you!" He said angrily.

"What?" I asked.

He closed his eyes and then hugged me.

"That man could have done anything to you... Just stay with me for now, ok?" He said as he hugged me tightly.

He carried me in his truck.

"Let go of me, Michael. I can walk by myself." I told him.

He just ignored me. This makes me feel so uncomfortable.

"I'll take you to my place for now. There you can sleep better than sleeping somewhere in the street." He said without an eye contact. "What makes you sleep there by the way?" He asked.

"He... Um... It's none of your business..." I answered.

He continued driving until we're already in the farm. I think it's already 3 in the morning.

He tried to carry me again but this time, I refused. What's with the carrying thing?

"Follow me then." He told me.

We went inside a small house. The house is full of things. Mostly, boxes that are stacked together. Oh, and he had a television too.

"Hey. There's the bed you can sleep on." He said as he was pointing to a room.

I went halfway to the room and asked him, "where will you sleep then?"

"I'll just take a nap on.. Anywhere I find cozy.. Maybe above the boxes.." He answered.

"You can sleep beside me. Though this is your room.." I told him.

As always he just left...

I get into bed and covered myself with a blanket. This is the first time I experience this such cold temperature. All of my senses just got weak through passed hours after the potion lasts. Is that a side effect? I remember, Melinda doesn't also knew about these things that might happen after that potion end.

Michael drive me home after we had breakfast. He cooked some eggs and roasted some cherry tomatoes. I went in Melinda's room first as I arrived.

"Leah, are you ok?" She quickly asked as she saw me.

"I failed you. I'm very sorry." I said.

"I understand. I'm also sorry. I just knew about the side effects of my potion." She said.

"Leah." She said my name with a big smile.

"Happy 255 year old Birthday." She greeted me.

I almost forgot my own birthday. I hugged her. She hugged me back tightly.

"I'm glad you knew about it. I glad that you didn't forget." I told her with a smile.

"How could I forget you. The daughter of the ones who treated me as a family even though I was like an ugly duckling." She said. "Oh memories, I'm getting old!" She giggles.

"I hope that Henley's with us to celebrate." She added.

"Oh, I'll go find him." I said.

"No. I think you did enough. It's your day today so you need a break. Have you eaten?" She said.

I let go of the hug and then answered her.

"Are you sure I can just stay here?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll prepare you some blood, ok?" She said.

"Thank you" I said.

She smiled.

"I'll just... Maybe take a bath?" I laughed as I told her.

She smiled again. Then I went to the restroom.

It's 4 o'clock and I'm with Melinda. We bought some grocery on a mini market in the town. We're on our way back. We took a ride on a mini old bus.

There's nowhere to sit but a lady give away her seat for Melinda with a smile. The lady just stood up with me and afterwards she left. There's some new passengers, mostly men. The mini bus is so crowded. Every person already lost their personal space this time. We're almost at the last bus stop and many are already planning to leave. Melinda already went out. I'm still inside the bus, slowly walking with the the group of people that are also going down.

Me and Melinda walked meters away from the bus stop.

*6:54 pm*

The Sun is already down when we arrived. I placed the groceries gently on a table.
Melinda prepare the food and the fresh pig's blood. I helped her as well.

*loud knocks*