Chapter 3 - Luckily I'm A Vampire!

We already arrived in the farm. It's already 5:44 in the afternoon. The animal's blood odor filled the area. I'm so starved.

"Michael, I'll just roam around." I told him.

"You want me to go with you?" He asked, looking at me

"No, thanks." I answered.

"Ok, see you at the ranch." He said as he looked away.

*asdgdjkdk* (hungry tummy sound 😆)

I hold my tummy. Dang I'm so hungry. I slowly walk towards the pig's pen. It was the nearest. There are several pigs in it. I wish I could sneak one... I hop over the fence and tried to grab a pig!

*pig's squeal*

"Shhh" I tried to calm them down.

Well there I succeed. I got one of them by the ear. This is the first time I hunt for my own food. I don't do the hunting, I'm the princess. The huntsman do it for my family.
Damn. I can't suck through this pig's skin. Not because of its texture but because it is so... Cruel! But.. I have to... Sorry. Sorry Mr. Piggy.

*squeal*

I sipped its blood. I was so hungry that instead of just taking a sip, I drained it just in a matter of seconds. I sense Michael's presence getting nearer. I rushed and hide the pig's body somewhere.

I got back into the pig's pen and sat. Just for Michael to see me doing some normal stuff, kind of.

X

Michael's POV (previous)

I went to the ranch to feed the horses. While feeding them with the fresh grass I gathered earlier, I hear the pigs squealing. I dropped the bundle of grass and hurried to the pig's pen.

I saw Leah inside the pig's pen-

X

"Leah?" He called me with his noticeable shock and concern voice.

I felt him standing near behind me. I wipe off the blood on my cheeks then I looked at him, intimidated. Luckily I hid the pig's body earlier.

"What are you doing?" He asked without any emotions.

My hands shake. I can't think of any reason. I. I.

"Leah, if my boss hear any unnatural noise from these animals in this farm, I might get fired." He said.

"Um, I'm so sorry I just- wanted to play with the pigs." I said while shaking.

"It's ok, just don't do it again. My boss really hates the noisy pig's squeal."

"Ok." I said.

"So, I'll just go back to the ranch, still got some work to finish. See you there." He said then walks away.

I turned back and grabbed the breathless pig hidden at the back of the bushes out of the pen.

"Sorry, piggy. And thank you." I told to the breathless pig.

I burrowed it under the soil and top it with layers of soil and dirt.

I'm not a kind of vampire that drinks human blood. Our family isn't used to it. By the way, the meaning of my family, is a nation of vampires. But now we're just... let me say lesser than less, fewer than few.

I went to the ranch to look for Michael. I hear a loud angry voice that says, "I told you to keep those animals shut! You stupid, uneducated, shit, is now fired! I don't want to see your- shit face again!"

When I got near the ranch, I hid at the back of the horse stable. I saw Michael looking down while a middle aged looking man continuously shouting foul words at him. I felt anger.

"Get out of here!" The last thing he said.

Michael walks away with his backpack. I hurried to the gate and pretend I didn't hear anything.

He looked at me with his hazel eyes. I can sense his fear.

"Sorry, I think I can't bring you here again." He sadly said.

I've thought of a nice idea. Not that nice, but still, it's nice.

"Wait. I think I left something inside." I lied.

"No. You-"

I walked in and pretend I didn't hear him. I hurried to the middle aged looking man.

"Who are you? And how the heck you entered my farm without my permission?" He asked angrily.

"No time for that." I said.