Chapter 8 - It's Never Late To Experience Change

After hours of searching, I already felt tired. My body is already exhausted. I need. Blood.

It's raining and there's nobody passing by. I'm thinking of going to Michael's farm to hopefully get some fresh drink.

"Leah?"

"It's good to see you awake."

"Huh? What?" I asked as I get up touching my forehead.

"I saw you collapsed. What happened to you? I. I just brought you here." He said.

"Um, here." Michael handed me a glass of water.

"No thanks." I refused.

"No, you need to drink some water. You look so drained and exhausted." He told me.

I looked at him then get the glass. I drank it.

If he just knew that water isn't my type of fluid. We're in the silo sitting on a pile of hay.

"So what made you walk alone through a cold night while raining?" He asked.

"Henley. I'm still... looking for him." I answered.

*Tsk*

"You know, he's an odd person but it doesn't mean that he's like a teen you need take care of. He's already an adult. He knows how to take care of himself. He might just hangout with his friends." He said.

"But it's already midnight." I said.

"So?"

"He's still not at home."

"How would you know? you're here with me." He said with a bad temper.

"Right. I need to go." I said.

"It's still raining." He said.

"So?" I repeated him. I'm kind of pissed right now.

"I... Let me drive you home." He said calmly.

He walked away to drive his truck near the silo. While his far, I got up and then go to the horse stable. It was the nearest. I turned my nails into claws. As I got nearby one of the horses, I quickly hypnotized it to, not to make any noise and let it ignore the pain. Then I pricked his neck with my claw. I didn't wasted any blood, I quickly sip it, carefully. I can see the horse were terrified by his eye's movement. It doesn't know what's going on with itself.

I planned not to kill it. So after I drank some of it's blood, I pricked my pointer finger with one of my claws then I put a drop of my blood into the horse's wound. It healed quickly and the hypnosis was over. The horse moved away like he doesn't want to experience that again.

I was just in time for him to call me. He just looked at me. I went in the truck. The rain just got worst.

"I'm sorry." Michael said out of the blue.

"For what?" I asked.

"Everything." He answered calmly.

After that moment, we didn't talked. From that silence, I can almost hear everything. This silence make my ears bombed. I was hearing a lot of things, like the rain drops. They sounded like pebbles being thrown at us. Every splash of puddle we've rolled on sounded like splash of ocean waves. I'd like to start a topic to break this silence, but I don't know what to say.

*phone rings*

*click*

"Hello Sir Trevor, what is it?" He said through the phone.

"All good. Nothing bad." He said to Trevor as he glanced at me.

"Um, gotta cut this talk here I guess... No, I'm driving. Ok." He said then quickly end it.

He looks like he doesn't used to Trevor being that kind, minding to call him for greetings. Poor Michael, he seemed like no one ever bothers to call him for a greeting except this time. I wonder what is like to him for a day. If you would just look at him, he looks like a person who doesn't have enough rest. His eyes were always sad-looking. And when he talks, his cold voice will make you concerned.