Chapter 14 - Daugther Of Zaurus ; Secrets Unfold

"The werewolves are strong, yet stupid. They're torturing vampires. I don't even have an idea why I'm included. A vampire helped me escape. Her name is Rebecca. She know about the daughter of Zaurus, but she doesn't know her name. The wolves are preparing. They're like training, I'm not sure." He told us.

"Henley. I'm going to tell you something. Something I should have told you before." Melinda said to Henley.

"What, that you're a vampire? That's why I healed quickly because of your power? Or you're a werewolf and you've turned me?" He asked with joy in his face.

"No. But I'm a witch."

Henley cleared his troat starts pointing to Melinda.

"You're a witch? Witches can almost cure everything, right?"

Melinda nodded.

"D-Do you have a cure for diabetes?" He asked. He became really serious about their topic.

"Y-Yes, I know how to cure diabetes." She answered as she looked down.

"So you just really left my mom die! What's your good reason? You could've cured her, but you, you just watch her die instead." Henley shouted as his tears slowly flow from his eyes.

"Henley, I can explain. It's not what you think" Melinda said.

"I don't want to hear things from you! You're so selfish." He said then he ran away out the door.

"I'll run after him." I told Melinda.

I can sense Melinda's fear. I tried to ran with my speed, but it seems that I'm still not that strong. I just ran after Henley.

"Henley!" I shouted his name.

He didn't even look at me. He just continued running. It's been a long run. He stopped under a streetlight.

"Henley."

I stopped in front of him. I saw him wiped his tears.

"Why did you follow me? You just came out of nowhere in the first place." He said.

"Henley. I don't know about your mother but I care for you. I've also lost my mother, my dad. My whole family. But I have you and Melinda instead. You're just like a family to me. You can tell me about your problems. I can listen to all of it." I told him.

He faced back.

*sigh*

"You seem that you already know some things about my mom. She's killed by her diabetes. Well, that won't happened only if Aunt Mel have cured her. You know what I mean? That could've been prevented. My mom is friends with Aunt Melinda, but that doesn't seem to help."
"I see. But you should also listen to Melinda's explanation. Maybe she have a good reason behind it." I said.

"Or maybe she's just really selfish. I can see Auntie's goodness to me when I was just at the age of 12. The goodness that that she showed me were like she wanted to steal me from my mother, I don't know. She maybe knew about that we don't have any other love ones. So when the time that my mom died, she could have me. That thing happened. She succeed."

"You don't know how loyal Melinda is. You're just blinded by your anger. You've live with her since you're just a child. You should know her well." I told him. "I've live with her a century ago. And I've witness her truthfulness."

Henley looked at me. He looks scared.

"What are you saying?" He asked.

"Henley, I'm a vampire. And I'm. The daughter of Zaurus."

Henley's face turned mixed emotions.