Chapter 20 - Soiled To Caped

Michael's POV

I'm not feeling comfortable. I can't sleep. I've tried several times but I just really can't. I'm feeling that it's something wrong. Actually, the farm is in the good condition, but I just felt that I'm missing out of something. I got my flashlight with me and I started walking outside through the middle of the night.

I roamed the farm. Nothing really bad. There's really nothing that should be bothered. Ugh,

"Help! Someone help! I... I can't move... Michael?"

I heard Leah's voice in my head. Is she in danger? Is that voice in my head even possible?

Maybe I should just check it by myself. I'm walking just halfway from the farm when a pack odd looking creatures shocked me.

*growls*

Are they werewolves?

The near one tried to grab me. I don't know what I should do. I tried to run but they're too fast.

"I thought that the prince was very brave! Why is he running away like a scared rat, then?"

They can talk!

"Aw the prince is so coward now. Maybe you'd like to speak about the daughter of Zaurus your majesty!"

"I-I don't know what are you talking about." I told them.

One from them at the back grabbed me. It raised me to it's eye level, which is pretty high.

"Don't you dare lie to us."

"I really don't know about it." I told them.

If they're really looking for Leah, then she must be in danger.

I heard howls from far away.

"The girl isn't there." One of the said.

The actions is very quick. Their head are all ripped off. I fell onto the ground. I looked around I saw, Rebecca with her bloody mouth and full black eyes.

"What just happened?" I asked her.

"We better go." She said.

Her eyes turned into normal.

"I need to go find Leah." I told her.

"Is she... The daughter?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." I answered.

"Come, let's find her." She said and then we ran.

"Hey! Wait up! I'm not fast as you!" I shouted as she stop.

"Prince Lothario, you're even faster than I am. Stronger than I am. You just have to believe in yourself." She told me. "Now come on!"

She ran with speed and then I ran. I'm so slow. I tried to believe in myself that I can do it. It's for Leah. Unexpectedly my speed boosted and I ran so fast. I ran over Rebecca.

In a minute I can also see Leah's town. This time, it's ruined. Ugh! Blood are scattered everywhere! I felt my heart beating faster. I felt the heat in my body. The cries and screams boomed my ears.

I looked around. I don't see Rebecca with me. Or maybe I'm just really fast. I went to Leah's house. She is still inside the burning house with some heavy things that put her weight.

"Leah!" I shouted at her.

She looked at me. I can see her pain through her dreamy eyes. I tried to enter but I can't. The door is even opened. There's like a force field. I tried to bump against it. It's like I'm bumping onto a hard wall.

"Leah!" I shouted as I saw her eyes closed.

There's some part of the burning house fell from the ceiling. I got so nervous for her.

"No!" I shouted.

I continued breaking the shield and then finally it breaks. I quickly went to Leah and then I removed all of the things on her back. I tap her cheeks. I touched her neck. I can still feel her heart beat. As I lifted her, a small treasure box fell from her hand. I just carry it with me.

Henley's POV

"What?" I told myself.

"No! Auntie! You were awake right?!" I shouted as I realized her breathing stops again.

I thought she will be ok when she wake up for a moment. I guess that's just a moment to say good bye...

Rebecca went over lately. We're hiding at the cave. I feel so down. My manly tears started to fell from my eyes. I don't like this. I'm just really not used to see my auntie just lying on my arms, breathless.

Rebecca gently patted my arms as she sat beside me.

"I didn't know you cry like this." She said.

"What? Are you insulting my cry?" I exclaimed. "This is what a real man does. They cry over their love ones, not to their game lose."

She smiled at me.

"Henley, I think you should bury her now." She said. "I'm not judging you but, time will be wasted if you just cry over a dead one while you can save the lives of the living ones."

After minutes we already buried her on the cave ground. We don't have that much time so we just top it with small rocks to make it secure it even more.

I wipe off my tears as I stand up from my aunt mom's grave.