Chapter 22 - Histories Rewind

Michael's POV

I ran towards Leah as I saw one of the wolves try to came near her. It doesn't saw me but the rest of it's pack felt me. They ran towards me and one of them grabbed me on my shoe up to it's head. It shakes me first before it growls at me with it's saliva bursting from it's mouth. I also noticed that two of them already caught Henley.

"What are you?" It asked me with it's old masculine voice.

Fuck. The sun is already going up. Now I feel the sunlight rays burning my skin worst than before. I eased the pain. I bit my lower lip before I answer.

"I am... Prince Lothario."

The wolves moved their ears like they're all listening to me.
The one that holds me asked, "How can we truly sure that you're Prince Lothario?"

I still can't remember that clearly, but I think... They can find out if they smell my blood...

"Put me down and I'll show you." I said.

Howls from the town. The werewolves that's with doesn't seem to mind their king's call.

"How can we do that if we're not sure about our safety? One of your friend is up the trees that can simply rip our heads off." He said.

"She could have even done that earlier." I told him.

He slowly placed me down. And quickly stand up.

"Give me your hand." I told him.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Just give me your hand." I repeated.

Using his claw, I cut through my left palm large enough to drip more blood.

"Smell my blood." I told him.

He smelled it and for a second he kneeled.

"I'm so sorry for judging you, your majesty Prince Lothario." He said.

The rest of them also kneeled and bow down their heads towards me.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked with confusion.

"You've saved us from death, Prince Lothario. Me and my brothers owed you a favor." He said. "You saved us from our king's order to kill us handicaps or useless ones."

"I hope I can remember about that." I told them.

"So can I go down now?" Rebecca asked.

She went down as the mutated werewolves released Henley.

"Is she, the daughter of Zaurus, your majesty?" One of them asked.

"No. I placed the daughter of Zaurus is in the cave." I told them.

"I'm glad to hear that, your majesty. But you should go now. Our Queen and king is still looking for you." They said. "We'll just told them that you and the daughter of Zaurus have burnt through the Sun." They said.

"How can you make them believe?" I asked.

"We're on it. Just go for now." They said.

Me, Rebecca and Henley ran away with speed. Of course I carried Leah with us. Our skin burnt as we ran through the forest. We reached in to a huge cave and found Rebecca's family.

There are her mother, father, siblings, aunties, and uncles. They looked so happy to see me.

"Prince! Save us please! We want our freedom back!" The older man said.

"We're sick of hiding!" The youngest, probably in her 20s, said.

"I just kept them in here." Rebecca said as we followed her. "It's safer than living with mortals."