Chapter 7 - Day 4 Finding Henley Would Be Job

"Leah,"

"Leah, special breakfast ready."

It's Melinda. And it's morning. I'm now going to the dinning area. I smell something delightful. It smells like roasted pig...

"Come, take a sit." Melinda told me.

I sat on a chair. I noticed that Henley isn't here, nor inside the house. I can't sense him.

"Leah, do you have a clue where Henley is? He didn't go home by the night. And as his foster mother, I'm worried." She said as she place two plates of roasted pig's thigh on the table. It smells good and looks savory.

"Um, I'm so sorry but I don't have a point where he is... But I can help to locate him." I said.

"Thanks Leah. And before you go, make sure you've ate ok? I'll just go in my room. I'm not hungry anyways." She said.

"O...k" I replied.

Um there's nothing bad in trying to eat, right? Unless you're not dead like me.

I get a little slice of the pork. It's tender and juicy. I don't know but I kinda like how it looks. The last time I ate before I got here was a werewolf's fresh liver, it's heart and it's blood. I don't like what it tasted like. But it helps me recover from my wounds and blood thirst back then.

Now I shove the pork in my mouth.

*scream*

"It's! It's hot!" I screamed as I spit it out of my mouth.

"Leah? Are you ok?" Melinda asked me from her room.

"Yes, everything's ok." I answered.

*sighs*

Now my tongue got numb. I don't wanna continue this. I just grabbed the bottle of blood and drank all of it. That's nice. It was from Melinda just to let you know.

X

I went out of the house. I went in Michael's farm. I arrived after a few minutes.

"Michael!" I called him as I saw him inside the goat's pen.

He looked as me.

"Leah." He said.

"Do you know where's Henley? He didn't go home last night." I said as I walk towards him.

He placed down his things and remove his soiled gloves.

"I don't know where he is. But I'll tell if I got news about him. I'm just, sorry, because, I'm too busy to help you right now." He said.

"I see. Well thank you for your concern. I'll be back to check you, kinda. But hope you'll find some helpful things about him." I said as I turned my back and walked away.

"Leah." He said.

I looked back. He takes minutes before he respond.

"I...I'll meet you when I got some information. Thanks for the visit." He said.

I just smiled at him and then I when to place where I always see Henley's friends. Maybe I could have his strong scent over there.

I'm now at the place where he's friends used to hangout. Oh there's Kevin. He's just sitting on a bench near the stores.

"Kevin," I called him.

He searched with his head and then he smiled as he saw me. Clearly a sad smile. I walk towards him.

"Kevin, right? Um, is Henley with you last night?" I asked as I sat beside him.

"No." He said.

"Oh, ok. Um, are you doing well? You look sad." I said.

"Basically me and my girlfriend just broke up last night."

"Sorry to hear that."

"And now she's dead." He said. "This makes me even more worst and wrecked."

I don't know how I should comfort him.

"Why is this happening to me? I-I already gave her everything I have." He said bursting with tears as he looked at me looking so poor.

I hugged him with just my right arm. He hugged me Back with his arms, so tight.

"Shhh... You'll be fine.. Someday." I said as I pat his back.

He just continued sobbing on my arm.

After a minute or so, I released him in my arm. I looked at him. His eyes are teary red.

"Thanks Leah, I feel a lot more better now." He said.

"Um, have you ate?" I asked him.

"No." He answered.

"Oh." I said as I stand up and enter one of the stores.

I got a hot cup of coffee and a tuna sandwich. Let's say I got it for free. Then I handed those to Kevin. He smiled.

"Thanks. Again." He said.

"Ok, see you again when you're good." I told him.

I walked away and then I continue looking for Henley. Where would he go anyways?