Chapter 16 - My Kind Of Crafts Is Smokey

"Is there something wrong?" I asked Michael.

"Um Leah, I just remembered that Boss Trevor is coming at the farm today. I-I think I need to go. I'm sorry." He told me.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked him.

He just nodded.

"Leah? Can you give me a hand here?" Melinda asked from her room.

"I'll be back." I told him.

I placed the bouquet above the kitchen counter and then I went to Melinda. I'm not sure what kind of hand she's referring at. The last time I helped her, she does need a literal hand for some potions.

I went back to Michael after I helped Melinda to have some vampire blood in her potion. Unfortunately, Michael already left. I looked around with my eyes but his nowhere. I just closed the door instead.

I went back at the kitchen counter. I grabbed the bouquet. I unwrapped it and cut each ends of the roses diagonally. I placed the roses in a beautiful ancient vase.

I stare at it for awhile.

"They're so beautiful aren't they?" Henley said.

He get a cup.

"Should I drink blood starting this day?" He asked.

"It's up for you." I told him.

"Of course I won't that's disgusting. I think, I'll have blood when I'm slowly dying. How do you drink blood, Leah? Oh, where are you getting your supply? Um, Leah. The wolves are going to hunt you anytime. Aren't you going to prepare? " He asked.

"Henley, you asked to much." I told him.

"But I'm really curious, when are you going to prepare? I can help you. Tell me what to do." He said.

He poured his glass with water. And then drank it while he's staring at me.

"I'll be preparing by now. But I don't know where to start. Henley, my strength aren't in their good condition." I told him.

"I'm sure Auntie can help you with that." He said.

"Leah, Michael," Melinda called us.

She's holding three boxes loaded of potion in different sizes, bottle and colors.

Henley quickly help Melinda with the potions. I help them as well. We placed it at the top of the dining table.

"Ugh the fumes." Henley said as he covers his nose.

"These small bottled potions can bring back your strength, Leah." Melinda told me.

"Auntie, can I have special powers or anything, to help?" Henley asked.

"You can have that."

"This potion?" He asked.

"No, you can take that sponge with the dishwashing liquid. And wash the dishes, first." Melinda told him.

"Are you serious? There's a battle coming towards us and you want me to wash those f*cking dishes?" Henley said seriously.

"Stop cursing, your not a witch." Melinda told him.

They're still trying to make things ok with their humor. I smiled.

"Let's start this." I told them.

"Ok, Henley, take these pink colored potions. This will enhance your strength and abilities."

"Yah! Pink is for men! Give it all to me Auntie!" He said.