Chapter 11 - Lucky Bastard

"Aunt Melinda!" It's Henley!

I quickly hid the pig's blood somewhere as Melinda opens the door.

"Henley! What happened to you?!" Melinda asked out of terror.

She quickly pulled Henley inside. His knees are shaking. His almost covered with his own blood. Melinda placed him on a couch.

"Aunt Melinda, they've tortured me. They're so many of them. They also have some other wolves and vampires in their jail. Promise I'm not lying!" He told us. He looks like his amazed and scared at the same time.

"Who are they?"

"They're like human wolves, believe me."

"We believe in you."

"They're asking the same question to each us, they're asking about the daughter of Zaurus. They're so insane I thought I was just dreaming! I'm so lucky that I've escaped from them." He said as he slowly collapsed.

"Leah, they're looking for you!" Melinda told me nervously.

"I know, I'm so sorry that this is happening to you."

"You must be prepared of the things that might happened even worst." "Henley has a low heart rate, I'll just do some cure!"

"But if you cure him using potions or rituals, he might know everything about us."

"I don't care anymore! I need to save my son even he isn't truly mine!" She said as she rush to her room.

I'm now just left with Henley.
I don't know if this is good or bad. Henley's already here with us, but he's also near to death. I can cure him by turning him. But I don't think that's a good idea.

My great day is so ruined. I don't know if this should be still called as a celebration. I went to the table and then drank all of the pig's blood I've hidden. I need to have enough strength. The Lycan king with his wolf packs might arrive very soon. I went to Melinda's room.

"Melinda! The wolves might be tracking Henley right now. What should we do?" I asked her.

"I've made a curse for this house years ago." She said as she made her crafty witch things. You know you vampires can't enter when you're not invited, right? But I have my house added the werewolves as well." She added.

"Can you say that we're truly safe?" I asked.

"No. If the wolves were very strong, they might broke the spell." She said.

"Melinda you know that I can cure Henley..." I told her.

"Of course I know. But I won't let you do that. I don't want him to have a life like yours. I'm not insulting you, I'm just really concern for his future." She said.

*knock knock*

I looked at Melinda.

"Remember, don't trust anyone." She told me before I go.

I went to the living room. I opened the door slowly.

"Leah." Said Michael.

"Michael?" I asked.

"Um, I'm not really sure about why I'm here. I felt that something didn't just brought me here by coincidence." He said.

"I'm so sorry but I'm just too busy..." I told him.

"Um... Can we talk?" He asked.

He's a little different today. I know it's him because of his smell, but his actions were almost different. I don't know if that's the effect of him being lost for days.

"Leah, the potion is done!" Melinda said behind me as she went to Henley.

"Potion?" Michael asked.

Um... I just closed the door instead. He shouldn't know about this. I don't want him to suffer. What I mean is that, I don't want him to step into a trap he wouldn't be able to escape. Our world is magical yet dangerous.