Hiela Female Three: Alina Wyterose

Name: Alina Wyterose

Age: 12

Sex: Female

Country: Hiela

Physical Description: Alina, Alina, Alina. Such a beautiful child. Her frosty red baby hairs frame her pale, blushed face, hanging away from the crown braid that she usually wears. Or it could be curled, bouncing lightly on her shoulders. She has a cute, round face; fat rosy cheeks that still haven't lost all of their baby fat and large sparkling green eyes, picked up from her great-grandmother. The green color was rare in Hiela and when she went out, which was rare, often times Alina would get comments, telling her how beautiful her eyes were. Her height also adds to her adorableness, being a few inches shorter than the average twelve year old height. This small height is shortened by the slight curve forward from leaning over a large novel as a child.

Background: Ever since she was a small child, Alina's parents loved and cared for her dearly. They watched over her, making sure she was safe. She was home-schooled and started when she was only 3 years old, gaining more knowledge than those of her age. In this schooling, Alina learned to read and loved it. Her parents went out, leaving her with grandparents, to buy Alina books, keeping her happy, despite how poor they were. On especially cold nights, she would fall asleep on the couch by the fireplace in her tiny cottage on the edge of the forest, reading. Her mother and father watched over her as she slept peacefully, giving her warmth and love throughout her entire life.

But what she didn't know was the motivation of this care. Two years before she was born, her older brother died. He died at a mere age of 5 from hypothermia- staying out in the cold far too long and late. He was found curled up in the deep snow in the forest. Alina's parents didn't want her to know of this, but one particular cold night, she couldn't fall asleep in her bed when shuffling was her outside her door. Suddenly, she heard a sobbing coming from the hallway and her mother cried loudly, repeating her brother's name; Syren, Syren, Syren... Her voice drifted off as she begged that he would return. It took a few nights to find out what had happened to him, but soon she figure it out. At this time, Alina had turned already turned ten and almost twelve years had passed since Syren's terrible death. She never brought it up in front of her parents, but she started spending more and more time away from the rest of the society, staring into Syren's joyful, sparkling blue eyes, reflecting the color of the winter sky perfectly through a picture. Alina spent a lot of time curled up in her small bed, sobbing, wishing her brother was there. And soon, the few friends she had left her.

All of a sudden she was alone. But surrounded by books. Her books took her away to another land- a fantasy, where dragons and knights in shining armor existed. And she wasn't alone anymore...

Personality: Despite living in the coldest country, Alina hates the cold and is super sensitive to it due to all the time she's spent near the fireplace in her house. She loves being warm, snuggled in a deep blanket or next to a fire. In addition to this, Alina is a very kind, loving person. She loves being close in relationship to someone, especially someone who can care for her, and can develop a strong connection with most people quickly. Although, these relationships often don't form due to Alina's shyness. Also, she can be a very nimble child, running quickly. Even so, she can't bring herself to murder one or try defending herself. Usual this will cause her to snap from the pressure and her mind will freeze for the moment.

Weapon of Choice: Not being in any contact with weapons whatsoever, Alina was very unprepared for the games. Although, during training she became accustomed to long range weapons such as the bow and arrow and indirect weapons like traps and snares, which she can make out of things found around area. But overall, she prefers using her brains and knowledge.

Strengths: Despite the variety of weaknesses Alina has, there are some strengths that can be plucked out of her character. For one thing, she learns quickly, knows a thing or two about medical care, and can identify if plants are poisonous or safe. In addition to everything she learned through reading, Alina is very crafty and nimble with her fingers, which can make excel in various areas like setting up traps.

Weaknesses: Alina can't do much- she can't swim, she can't climb, she can't hunt. Nope. Even worse, she can't kill anyone. Also, Alina isn't prepared for the arena. Not at all. Years of being kept in, they never exposed her to nature, except for what she's read of course.

Token: The only thing she had on her when she was Reaped was her token. The ripped, old picture of her brother. A faded photograph of Syren as a four year old boy- taken on his birthday years earlier. She brought this everywhere, so she will bring it into the games as well, hoping to keep it safe.

Reaped/Volunteered: Unfortunately, Alina was reaped into the games

Reaction/Reason: Alina, surprisingly, didn't have much of a reaction. When her name was called, a hush fell over the crowd and her parents screamed, begging someone to take her place. But Alina willingly guided herself up the stage, escorted by the Peacekeepers from Panem. But inside, she was devastated and angry. How could this country take our citizens and forcefully make them murder each other? It made her want to kill someone. Aside from this rare anger, Alina was crying on the inside. She was being forcefully pulled away from her family- and she hadn't ever been away from them before.

Alliances: Alina will be looking for an older tribute to take care of and protect her. Otherwise, she might not survive on her own.

Other: N/A