Acanliano Male Two: Garthe Ferrey

Name: Garthe Ferrey

Age: 18

Sex: Male

Country: Acanliano

Physical Description: Garthe's hair goes through a range of styles, between an adorable messy and a perfect looseness. He has mastered the bedhead look and seeing him in the morning makes people gush over how ethereal he looks. His skin is soft, yet dry because of Acanliano's seasons. His facial hair is comfortable, in terms of how much he grows and how much of it he keeps. He has strong hands and a careful embrace. His most important feature is his eyes. They are gentle and swirl with affectionate color; they glow in contrast with the sun. Noticing the way his eyes curl and shine when happy suddenly causes you to feel the same way. His back is scarred from a terrible fall. He had landed on some jagged stones, but the cuts seem to be from a different origin. Nobody has looked close enough to see how the gashes are straight, unlike the stones.

Background: He has a profoundly close relationship with his mother, holding her above everyone else, including him. In his eyes, she is a goddess, often shortening her name to Hera from Heraseer. Always understanding, always sweet, and always there when needed. Garthe brags to his friends about her, but then he avoids their prodding questions concerning his father. He, Ries, is loud and intimidating; he is the opposite of his son. Garthe's eyes are lustrous with Heraseer, but darkened with him. Ries makes him uncomfortable, crushes his dreams, dims the gleam in his expressions, and causes the feelings of dejection and unhappiness. The young man frequently sleeps in various places- outside, mostly- away from his family. He's experienced many earthquakes in the dark, simply because he wasn't home the day before. He forgives Ries, however; he always forgives him.

Personality: Garthe is a dreamer. He pictures worlds unlike his own with appealing landscapes and nothing to fear. Stories and people are his passion, feeling satisfied when hearing about someone's day. He keeps a journal of narrative; it is full of stories that are based on his interactions and the voices he hears. Nothing gives him more pleasure than listening. He often stands at a cliff's edge, staring down into the depths, seeing fragility that no one else sees. It scares him how intrigued he is by the fall; he wonders what it'd be like to experience the flying feeling. His mind is almost delusional, but it is less depressing, in a freelance way. He is always lifting people higher, rather than dragging them down, even if he is at a low point in life. He'll never accept unrequited favors, unless he is the only one giving. So much is inside of him; so much more goes unshared.

Weapon of Choice: He feels as if his hands could adapt well to a spear, but using it in the first place is what scares him. Throwing a blade into someone's chest is something he believes impossible.

Strengths: Garthe has quick reflexes and his sharpness helps him in dire situations. Imminent danger doesn't give him anxiety, like most people, but it motivates him to bring peace back. Acanliano's rocky grounds give Garthe a natural sense of balance and strength, especially in his legs. He doesn't give up in the wake of disaster; he is inspired by survival.

Weaknesses: He'll die before he lets someone he loves become endangered. Generally, he is more affected by words than physical pain, so it's more likely he'll be hurt by an ally. He isn't great at hiding or making himself appear weak, so there is a high chance of the other tributes targeting him. It will be difficult for him to stay constantly alert in the arena; he'll need time to record his stories in the journal. If he was to live, the journal would serve the purpose of making the Games fictional.

Token: His journal. He wants someone else to read it before he dies. He has a feeling his passing is soon.

Reaped/Volunteered: Reaped

Reaction/Reason: He felt dejected and as if his unearthly dreams had taken a wrong, dark turn. The moment he heard his name, the inspiring side of his life grew faint, while the words of his father echoed. The war between depressing reality and subtle delight became an even match, the dark side of the moon enlarging.

Alliances: It wouldn't be hard for him to grow close to someone, but he doesn't know yet.

Other: That terrible fall doesn't exist, and Garthe only sees his father as emotionally abusive, never physical. Garthe is too forgiving and bright to see something as miserable as what Ries had done to him.