Chapter Five: Videl

Chapter Five: Videl

The next day, (Y/N) went to school early for no particular reason. Maybe it was because she woke up really early for once.

She was at her locker, busily getting her books ready, when she heard students whispering things like:

"Isn't that (Y/N)?"

"Isn't she supposed to be with Gohan?"

"Yeah, I thought they were together too."

"Looks like Videl has made her move already."

Who is Videl? (Y/N) thought as she hugged her books close to her chest.

Her questions were answered when she saw Gohan talking with a black-haired girl with blue eyes. Her wavy hair was tied up into two ponytails which fell down to the front of her chest. She wore a white shirt with the school badge on it, black shorts and yellow boots.

No... no... this can't be... (Y/N) thought to herself.

Tears welled up in her eyes, stinging them, before rolling down her cheeks like rivulets.

Hurt and angry, (Y/N) slammed her locker shut (which drew the attention of some students), before running down the hallway to class.

***

(Y/N) had gone to the classroom early. But she didn't care. All she wanted back then was school to end for her to go home and maybe even transfer. She just wanted this pain to go away.

As kids began to trickle in, (Y/N) wiped her tears away and hid her face behind her textbook, hoping no one would see her.

But it was no use.

"Hey (Y/N)!" a loud, cheerful and recognizable voice said.

It was none other than Gohan.

"Hi," (Y/N) said plainly and pretended to be engrossed reading the textbook, mainly to hide her tearstained face.

"So, is the project with you?" he asked.

"Yeah," she answered dully, without looking at him.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"Well, obviously! You two-timed me!" she screamed.

But she said it inside her head, so no one could hear her but herself.

"Everything's... fine," (Y/N) answered, biting her lip, trying not to tear up.

What did I do wrong? Gohan thought as he sat down when the teacher arrived.

"Class, please turn to page eighty-seven of your textbooks," Mr Roberts said in a montonous voice.

The students did what they were told.

As Mr Roberts droned on about Subject Verb Agreement, sniffling sounds could be heard from (Y/N).

"Miss (L/N), are you alright?" Mr Roberts asked, looking at (Y/N)'s direction.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," (Y/N) said, wiping her nose with a piece of tissue.

Gohan knew she was obviously lying, but decided to keep his mouth shut.

***

At lunch, Gohan tried to find (Y/N), but she was nowhere to be found.

"I think I made her upset somehow," he said to himself.

"Gohan!" a melodious voice said.

It was Videl, walking up to him with a big smile on her lips.

"Hey Videl!" he said, waving, "What's up?"

"Where's that friend of yours?" Videl asked, "I was thinking of having lunch with her."

"I don't know," he answered, "She's out there somewhere."

"Oh well..." Videl said airily, "That means I'll have to talk to her some other day. Care to have lunch with me?"

From a distance, (Y/N) saw all of this happening, but she didn't hear what they said. Quickly, she turned and exited the cafeteria, and rushed straight to the girls' toilet and hid in a cubicle.

She tugged onto the toilet roll and watched blankly as the toilet paper rolled down to the ground.

Suddenly, she burst into tears.

***

After school, (Y/N) was about to head home when Gohan managed to find her and catch up to her.

"Hey (Y/N)!" he said as he stopped in front of her, "I didn't see you at lunch. Where were you? You had me worried there for a minute!"

"Well..." (Y/N)'s words trailed off as she spotted Videl running down the hall, "I... uh... had to stay back for... um... a extra credit project for bio."

"Oh," Gohan said, "I see."

"Well, I don't want to disturb you guys!" (Y/N) said as she spotted Videl walking up to Gohan, smiling really big, "Have fun!"

Quickly, she turned and sprinted down the hallway.

"Hey! Wait for..." Gohan's words trailed off after seeing the door close, "Me."

"What's up with her?" Videl said, before adding casually while shrugging, "Oh well. You can go to my place to hang out."

"I just remembered that I have to... um... study... for a test tomorrow," Gohan fibbed, "So I can't hang out today."

"It's okay," Videl smiled, turning to walk away, "Bye."

"Bye," Gohan said.

Once Videl had walked out of sight, he made a dash and began to chase (Y/N).

***

(Y/N) was walking home, but was taking the longer and scenic route home.

"(Y/N)!"

(Y/N) turned and saw Gohan running towards her.

"Hey," she said.

"Wanna hang out at my house?" Gohan asked, "My brother isn't home today."

"I... I... um... have to help my mother today," (Y/N) lied, "Sorry."

"No worries," Gohan smiled, "I'll come with you!"

Is this guy out of his mind? (Y/N) thought, First he was hanging out with Videl. Now me?!

"No thanks! I can manage it on my own," (Y/N) fibbed, "I have to get going, bye!"

She ran faster than ever, but ran right straight out to the road! A car was speeding and was about to knock her!

"(Y/N)!" Gohan yelled.

He dashed over at the speed of light and managed to push (Y/N) (and himself) out of harm's way. The car just sped away.

"Do you have any idea how dangerous that was?" Gohan scolded in frustration, "If you got knocked and died, I..."

A tear was forming in his eye. Upon seeing it, she felt a tug at her heart.

"G-gomen'nasai," (Y/N) said.

As much as she wanted to do it but felt awkward yet embarrassed to do so, she gave Gohan a hug. She wrapped her arms around him and repeated, "Gomen'nasai."

Gohan stood there in shock. A blush was creeping up to his cheeks.

"I... I was just worried, that's all," he said and hugged (Y/N) back.

In the distance, Videl saw all of this happening.

"Curse that b*tch!" she said under her breath, "I almost killed her! I have to plan a better one than that. One that she can never escape from..."

A/N: What trick does Videl have up her sleeve? Will (Y/N) manage to escape from it? Find out in the next chapter, coming soon!

A/N #2: #writingskillsgoals

Edited on: 25 July 2016