Chapter Ten: Hiding The Scars

(Y/N) went home with scars on her wrists, reminding her of what she had done that upset the people she loved and cherished the most.

The next day, she woke up and realized that she had to hide the scars somehow. She did not want anyone to know about them.

Especially not Videl.

She flung her cupboard open and ransacked it, trying to find the perfect outfit.

Finally, she had found it.

***

At school, (Y/N) adjusted the sleeves of her jacket to make sure it covered her wrists.

I just hope no one tries to know about them, she thought.

She was about to walk to class when someone said, "Hi (Y/N)."

It was Videl.

Just great, (Y/N) thought.

"Hey Videl," (Y/N) said and gave her a dazzling - but fake - smile, "What's up?"

"I heard you got hospitalized," she said.

"Who did you hear that from?" (Y/N) asked.

"Everyone was talking about it," Videl answered, as if it was not a big deal, then continued, "Why are you wearing a jacket?"

"Why? Is it against the rules?" (Y/N) asked.

"You aren't having a cold, are you?" Videl said, scooting away from her, "Because I don't want to get it."

Before (Y/N) could answer, someone else behind her answered, "Yeah, she's cold."

(Y/N) turned.

It was Gohan.

"It's almost winter, you know," he continued, "It's almost November."

"You must be really weak then, because I'm not feeling cold," Videl said to (Y/N) before walking off.

There was silence for a moment before (Y/N) broke it by saying, "Thanks for helping me there."

"No problem!" he said and grinned, "That's what friends are for!"

It was silent again before Gohan could be heard muttering, "I don't really like Videl that much either..."

(Y/N) could not believe it. He did not even like Videl from the start, yet alone have a crush on her.

"Well... then who do you fancy?" she asked.

Gohan looked at her, and she said, "If you don't feel comfortable telling me, it's alright."

"Well... I-I like - "

He was cut off by the bell.

"We'd better get to class," he said.

She nodded and the both of them walked to class together.

***

After school, (Y/N) was once again adjusting her sleeves after shutting her locker when Gohan walked up to her.

"I have something for you," he said.

He pulled out a red box with a white satin ribbon tied to it from his bag and handed it to (Y/N). She untied the ribbon and carefully lifted the lid and saw two delicate bead bracelets lying inside. Each of them had a butterfly on them.

"Gohan, it's beautiful," she said softly, "Thank you."

"No problem!" he said with that wide goofy grin, "Come on! I'll fly you home!"

They headed outside to the field and he picked her up bridal style and zoomed off into the sky.

A/N: Soz for the short chapter! Please vote, comment, and add this to your library and/or reading list(s)! Bai!

a/n #2: just re-reading this book + the comments made me laugh wth xD i'm still wondering how this ever got 20k+ reads like i personally find this really cringy like i wrote less than 1k words which is how much i write about now in present fanfictions (more like my haikyuu fanfic). also, did anyone else watch the third season of haikyuu and the first episode of yuri on ice? someone please say yes.

edited on: 12 october 2016, wednesday