Chapter 5: Understanding

I sighed as the bell rang signaling English to be over. The first two classes were Biology and English. At least I only had Mrs. Croak for about 10 minutes every morning.

I looked down at my schedule and grimaced at my next class.

Business and Money.

No. What school even had a class named that?! I looked over the rest of my schedule.

Homeroom: Mrs. Nancy; Room #23

Biology: Mr. Peck; Room #37

English: Mrs. Vince; Room #42

Business and Money: Mrs. Phelps; Room #12

Lunch

Gym: Mr. Clark

Adv. Trig: Mr. Felton; Room #51

Art: Miss. Tristan; Room #14

Man my schedule sucked. I looked at Business and Money and sighed.

Room #12

That was close to the main office of the school so I headed the way I had came to homeroom from. Right across from the main office stood the door with the number 12 on it. I bit my lip then glanced over at the main office.

I had an idea.

I turned towards the main office and walked through the door. To my surprise Parker wasn't at the desk. Some young girl was there with blonde long hair. She was sitting there putting some papers into a filing cabinet.

"Um excuse me."I cleared my throat. The girl turned around.

"Yes?" She asked nicely. "How may I help you?"

"Um I was wondering if I could-" I was cut off.

"Hey Caroline you can go to your class now it's my turn." I turned behind me to see Parker walk into the office. Caroline smiled.

"Okay, but Parker can you help this girl?" Parker glanced up and over at me and smirked.

"Sure." he said sweetly. With that Caroline walked out of the office with an armful of books.

"Break?" I questioned.

"Class." He said back as he sat in the chair and started where Caroline had stopped.

"Wait you go to school here?" I asked confused. He looked up and smirked.

"Yeah why?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, no it's just..." I stuttered.

"I failed senior year and am taking it over again." My lips made and 'O' shape. "Yupp so, what I can I do for you?" He asked kindly after putting away the folders on the top of the desk.

"Well you see... I want to change my classes." Parker raised an eyebrow. "From Business and Money to something else. What does the school have?" I asked. Parker furrowed his eyebrows, but then wheeled his chair over to a cabinet and in a few seconds he handed a folder over to me.

"Pick one of these. You have to major in something." He told me. I nodded and opened the folder flipping through the pages of classes until one caught my eye.

"Can I switch to this class?" I asked him.

"It's at the end of the day." He informed me.

"Yeah and I'll take this as free period." Parker smirked.

"Fine with me. I'll just need Mr. Kelsie to sign off on it." He got up from his chair and headed towards John's door.

"No!" I ran in front of him blocking the door.

"What he doesn't like you because of earlier today?" Parker asked trying to get around me.

"No." I said again stepping in front of him once again.

"Anya I need to get him to sign off on it if you want the class." Parker pushed me aside and started to take the knob in his head.

Think Anya think. John is never going to except you taking a dance class. Then it came to me.

I tugged on Parker's free hand yanking him away from the door. His eyes looked at mine full of confusion.

Hopefully this will get him to do it without John.

I slammed my lips onto his forcefully. Parker was taken by surprise, his eyes going wide. I just stood there slowly feeling Parker start to kiss back.

I hadn't planned on actually staying there, but it was... nice. Parker's lips on mine. They felt just... right. Ya know?

Slowly Parker's arms wrapped around my waist bringing me closer. My idea was fading from my thoughts as I concentrated on kissing Parker. My arms snaked around his neck. We stood there for what felt like minutes our lips locked until someone clearing their throat brought both of us back to reality.

"What are you two doing?" Shit! I knew that voice. I slowly turned to face John who was furious. "Anya in my office, Parker back to work." His voice was deep and demanding. I glanced over at Parker who obeyed John and sat back in his seat with the folder and my schedule in his hands. John's door closed behind me.

"Anya did you not hear me?" John scolded.

"I-I-"

"No I don't care. Why aren't you in class either?" I bit my lip as John stared at me waiting for an answer.

"I was changing my classes." I said softly. John's expression grew a little softer.

"What you didn't like the Art class I signed you up for?" He asked now listening to me without yelling.

"No that one was fine." I stopped for a second to think of wording.

"Mr. Kelsie..." Parker opened the door and looked at me quickly before turning his gaze to John. "Anya here wanted to change her schedule. Here's the classes she wants to take instead. “He handed the folder to John gently before backing out of the office slowly.

Shit I was screwed. That kiss did nothing! Stupid plan Anya! Stupid, stupid stu-

"Dance?" I looked up at John's face. "Anya you know-" He started, but I interrupted.

"Yeah I know you're going to say no. You want me to have a career. A real one well you know what? Dancing is a career. It's a pretty good on too. My mom would've wanted me to take the class. She believed in me and I'm doing what she would want me to do." I sat there and looked back at John intentivly. No answer came from his lips. He glanced down at the papers then back at me. Slowly, but carefully he took a pen and signed his name at the bottom of the paper. My eyes grew in disbelief. John handed me the paper without looking up.

"Get to class." Was all he said. I didn't say anything, but I just got up from the chair.

"I didn't leave your mother and you because I wanted to..." I stopped at the door listening. "I had to."

_______________________________________________________________________________

This is probably choppy, sorry. I had wrote this last year and just decided to bring it over here since Quizilla went all wacko and I didn't want to lose it. Thanks to those who fanned me. Even though there's only two right now, it's nice to know people like my stories enough to fan even though I haven't been here long. (: