Chapter 19: Trying To Skip Class

I looked up and over at Parker and smiled kindly. I waltzed into the Attendance Office and strolled up to the front desk, leaning against it so I could look over and see what Parker was doing.

He was on our school’s website, updating something. It wasn’t very interesting so I let out a loud sigh. He didn’t look up from the computer though. Instead he just said,

“I know you’re there.” I frowned.

“Then why won’t you acknowledge me?” I asked, putting on a cute pout. He rolled his eyes and turned from the computer to look at me.

“Hello Anya. What can I do for you?” He asked. The past few days I had missed seeing Parker. It was only a few days, but it felt like longer.

“Nothing really just skipping class.” I told him smiling. I had asked him to help me skip a few days ago and he agreed to help, but after a couple of days I stopped coming into the office, instead I would just walk around school with Jess or Chris, or someone; anything to stay away from him.

“Of course. Little Anya just hates math so much that she wants to skip everyday.” I scoffed.

“No!” I tried to lie. He chuckled, setting a few papers into a file.

“Sorry, I know you just want to come and see me.” He sent me a dazzling smile before turning back to the computer.

“Of course.” I agreed, rolling my eyes. He smirked, satisfied that I had said those words. I was about to ask him about tonight since Chris had made me hang out with everyone tonight when John’s office door opened and he moved aside, waving his hand to the side, ushering me in. I sighed, but followed his command and went into his room.

As soon as I was in, he closed the door and walked over to his desk as I took a seat in a chair across from his desk. He rested his arms on the sides of his office chair and looked at me.

“What now?” I asked.

“Maria is coming by tomorrow to talk with you.” He informed me. I only nodded. There was nothing really to say. I wanted to see Maria. After everything she helped me with, it’ll be nice to sit and talk with her.

“Alright.” I could sense that there was still more so I asked, “What else?”

“Did I not tell you to stay away from him?” John asked, throwing his thumb over his shoulder and pointing to Parker. I just rolled my eyes.

“I don’t think so.” I told him, giving him an innocent look. He rolled his eyes and turned in his office chair.

I watched as he stood up, holding a few papers in his hand. He squinted for a few moments, trying to read the papers. He ended up grabbing a pair of glasses off of his desk and resting them on his face. I scrunched my nose, looking at his glasses.

“What?” He asked, confused, pulling the glasses off of his face.

“Please tell me you don’t wear those glasses home.” I pleaded, leaning forward in my chair. John’s eyebrows furrowed as he stared at me.

“I don’t know, why?” I snorted.

“They make you look like you’re 70 years old!” I exclaimed, jumping up from my seat. He only frowned in response, setting the papers in his right hand, onto the top of his desk.

“I’ve had them forever.”

“Well, that explains it.”

Without another minute to waste, I snatched the glasses from his hand and threw them out his office window. Smirking at my accomplishment, I turned to see his reaction… Let me just tell you something…

He was angry.

“What?” I asked innocently. His jaw tensed and his hands clamped tightly as he tried to hold back his rage.

It was fun messing with John. The other night he didn’t blow up and he wasn’t now either. I kind of missed our fights…

“That wasn’t funny Anya.” He told me sternly.

I frowned, “Neither is your reaction. Now come on! You should be happy that I got rid of those! Now you can get students to respect you.” He groaned heavily, reaching his left hand up to the bridge of his nose and pressing his fingers to it.

“You better get out before I throw a fit and you won’t be able to see any of your new friends for a month.” I bit my lip. He put me in place of a hard decision.

Stay and get the fight that I wanted or leave and get to see my friends like I had planned with Chris and Parker.

“Alright, I’m leaving.” I told him as I threw my hands up in the air and surrendered. Before he could say anything else, I added in, “Oh and I won’t be home until after curfew tonight!” I slammed his office door and raced out of the Attendance Office, throwing Parker a quick smile and heading off to class.

I had been trying to skip class for almost a whole week. I wasn’t ready to face Mr. Felton yet, hell no! I had just gotten lucky when he called in sick on Monday and Tuesday, but when I caught a glance of him in the hall on Wednesday, I made it my mission to try and skip class. Parker helped me, of course. Being the great friend he was. Jess, well, she didn’t.

“Come on, he’s hot!” Jess urged, pushing me towards the classroom. I shook my head and crossed my arms stubbornly.

“I don’t want to see him.” I told her honestly. She had only frowned and continued pushing me forward. “Please!” I begged, turning and digging my heels into the tile floor.

I hadn’t told her about anything with Mr. Felton, I couldn’t. I hadn’t told anyone and wasn’t planning on it either. It was too uncomfortable and if anyone let it slip I would be in huge trouble and Mr. Felton would be fired. I didn’t want to be in a room with him either. It would be awkward as hell, for me at least. He didn’t seem to have a problem near me.

“He’s so into you Anya, just go.” I grimaced. She had no idea how into each other we were… Stupid detention.

“That’s gross.” I mumbled, trying my hardest not to be forced into the doorway of the classroom.

“No it’s not. He’s sexy and he’s only like a few years older than us!” It made me shudder the way she made it seem so casual, as if it was totally normal for teachers and students to like each other.

Should I tell her?

I took a deep breath and gripped the sides of the doorway. I knew couldn’t tell her, not now at least, and I also knew that this was going to be the worst class in the world.

“Good afternoon class.” His voice murmured as he started to write on the blackboard. He didn’t even look at me as he spoke his next words, “Good to see you, Anya.” My name sounded amazing yet, disgusting on his lips.

Something was definitely wrong with me.

“G-good morning, I mean afternoon Mr. Felton.” I stuttered, feeling Jess’s hands leave my back as she fled from the scene; probably making her way to her next class which she was going to be late for.

“Please take your seat unless you would like another detention.” As soon as ‘detention’ was said, he turned around and smirked. I didn’t want a replay of our detention scene. As much as I enjoyed it, it couldn’t happen again. I was messed up and that was all.

My head wasn’t in the right place.

Before the bell got a chance to ring, I raced over to my seat and sat down quickly. I dropped my gaze, not wanting to catch any of his stares as I pulled out a pencil and notebook and started to copy down the notes he had written on the board.