Chapter 8: Questions and Answers

"Ugh." I sighed sliding down the wall. Toby wasn't here yet and it was around 6:00. I told him yesterday I would walk which took a while, but today he said that he definately would be here.

What the heck?!

I looked around the building and the hallways were totally clear and silent like as if classes were in session. I let a deep breath leave my lungs as I pushed myself off of the ground.

Our house was only like 20 minutes driving distance. The walk wouldn't be so bad... Only a few hours. I let out a frustrated groan and pushed myself off of the floor. I grabbed my bags and slung them over my shoulders. As I started to walk forward it felt like my bags were getting heavy.

This was going to be a long walk.

"What are you doing here?" I turned around to see Parker walking towards me with his hands in his pockets.

"I was waiting for Toby to come and pick me up, but seems like he forgot about me." I sighed and started to walk forward again.

"Well if you need a ride I could take you." Parker suggested. I stopped and turned around so I could face him.

"You would do that for me?"I asked. He shrugged.

"I don’t see why not." I shrugged as well.

"Okay, thanks..."I followed him towards the parking lot and into a beat-up red pick-up truck.

As I pulled the seat belt over my body I asked, "So um can we not talk about that kiss the other day?" Parker smirked, but nodded.

"Deal." He said. I nodded back. "Wait, but you just kissed me to get me into that class right?" he asked. I felt my face heat up, but I nodded. "That's what I thought, but you got into the class right?" He asked. I nodded again.

"John let me take the class." I said looking out the side window of the passenger seat.

"Can I ask you another question?" Parker asked.

"Go for it." I said looking at him.

"Okay well I have two." I nodded, signaling him to continue. "First, do you know Mr. Kelsie as like more than just the principal? I mean if anyone blew up on him like that he would freak out." I felt the blush rise back up.

"You heard that?" Parker chuckled.

"Yeah. It was kind of loud." He said flickering he gaze to me then back to the road.

"Oh..." I let out a laugh. "Yeah well he's kind of my dad." I said looking towards Parker whose face was filled with shock.

"I thought that he only had a son." Parker exclaimed.

"Yeah well he did have me, but he left my mom and me when I was born. Since Toby and I are the same age I'm guessing he left because of Sarah." Parker didn't say anything. Silence filled the car for a few minutes.

"Turn here." I said directing Parker.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to go that far." He said turning his blinker on.

"No it's okay. What was your second question?" I asked.

"How come you didn't want John to know about the dance class? I mean didn't he let you take it?" I nodded.

"He did, but he thinks I should have different classes so I can get a good job not become a dancer." I scuffed at John's words in my head.

::Flashback::

"Anya now are you looking for a specific thing for colleges or anything?" I turned to face John.

"Actually I'm trying to a career in dance." He stopped eating.

"Dance?" He questioned. I nodded.

"I've been dancing for awhile. Since I was 3 exactly." I said biting the tiny piece of bread that lay in my plate.

"Nothing well more..." He paused to think his word choice over. "Productional." I set the piece of bread back down.

"I like to dance and that's what I'm good at. I want to do something I like for the rest of my life." The room was surprisingly quiet. Nobody was talking. All were enveloped into our conversation.

"Well then that's a very good reason." he said lying obviously. He was a man of business and obviously didn't approve of my choice. "Since 3. Wow that's a very long time." I pushed myself up from the table and all eyes were on me.

"Yeah. You would know that. Oh wait no you wouldn't because you left the day after I was born." I hissed.

::Present::

"Oh..." Parker said. "Well you're very good." My eyes shot over to him and narrowed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well I mean you're really good. I watched that solo you did. It was good. I wish I could dance like that." Parker smiled and I couldn't help, but smile back.

"You really think so?" I asked. He nodded. "Thanks. I just hate it when people say they can't dance."

"What do you mean?" Parker asked taking another turn.

"Saying someone can't dance is like saying 'taking candy from a child is easy..." Parker cocked his eyebrow.

"How are they similar?" he asked.

"They're both lies." That made Parker smile. "It's true. Second house on the left." I was pointing to my house. Parker chuckled and pulled into the driveway.

"Here we are." Parker said putting the truck into park.

"Thanks for the ride. I'd probably still be walking for another hour."

"Yeah you probably would be still walking. No problem though. I'll see you tomorrow?" I nodded.

"Bye." I closed the truck's door and I stared towards the house. I watched as Parker sped away. I had a feeling that something was going to happen, but I still went inside anyways.