Chapter 10: Unexpected News

"Wow. In the principal's office almost everyday and already skipping class." Parker muttered as he followed me towards the cinema.

"Oh shut up." I muttered back, "I wanted to see a movie." I said smiling. Parker just shot his head.

"That's it."

"Hey! I haven't seen a movie since... since..."

I closed my eyes as the scene flashed before my eyes. The crack sounded through my head several times. I felt the tears run down my cheeks. My hand reached up and touched the liquid.

"Anya..." Parker whispered.

"No sorry it's nothing." I sniffled and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded.

"Come on. I heard that Inception is really good." Parker smirked.

"So did I."

__________________________________________________

"That was a really good movie." I said throwing the empty popcorn container into the trash.

"Yeah it wasn't too bad." Parker said holding the door for me.

"Thanks." I said walking out.

"No problem. Hey you know that this was technically a first date." Parker smirked.

"Hmmm. I guess it was." I said thinking about how he had driven here, paid for the popcorn and snacks and my ticket for the movie. "So this means you'll have to drive me home too." I said getting into his car.

"Of course. I mean that would be a jerk move if I didn't." He said starting the engine and pulling out of the movie theater's parking lot.

"Uh, yeah it totally would be."

"So does this mean I get to kiss you on your porch?" Parker asked after a few minutes.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning my head to face out the side window so he didn't see the blush that had fallen upon my cheeks.

"I mean every guy gets a first kiss after the first date." He said making a turn.

"Well technically we already had our first kiss." Parker smirked wider.

"That's right! I forgot about that." I felt my cheeks get hotter as I turned to look at Parker.

"You're cute when you blush." I internally slapped myself for looking which only made the blood rush faster to my cheeks.

"I-I uh, uh, umm... Turn here." I said poking to my street.

"Don't worry. I remembered." Parker said making the turn.

"Let's see if you remember the house." I said smirking.

"Oh I remember." He said his eyes glued to the road.

"Oh really? Let's see." I said sitting back in my seat and watching him drive forward.

"Um Anya?" Parker swallowed.

"What? Did you forget my house number?" I asked smirking in victory.

"No I just wanted to know why there are a few police cars in your driveway."

"Oh stop messing around." I said hitting his arm.

"Anya... I'm not. That was serious." I raised an eyebrow in confusing and my eyes gazed over the houses until I felt my eyes lay upon the one with police cars flooding the driveway.

__________________________________________________

"What is going on?" I asked as Parker and I entered the house.

"Oh Anasta- Anya." Sarah sobbed.

"What's going on?" I asked again as I entered the living room where Sarah sat in John's arms on one couch and a few officers on another couch and standing.

"Anya..." John started.

"What?!" I basically yelled.

"Ma'am. Please calm down." An officer said.

"No I won't until you tell me why the fuck Sarah's balling her eyes out and this house and yard is full of cops." I was fuming. Why? My short-temper probably.

"Anya it's about your mother's case." I turned to see Maria walking into the living room.

"What about it?" I asked her.

"We've found the van." She said referring to the van that sped away after my mother's shooting.

"You got the shooters?!" I asked surprised.

"Actually that's why we're here. We didn't find them. We actually looked into who owned the van and we found a Mr. Keith Carr." Mara said sitting on the edge of one of the couches.

"So... Why didn't you go after him?" I asked sitting down on a chair opposite of her.

"We tried. We really did, but..." She looked down at her lap and didn't even finish her sentence.

"What?" I asked. "What?!" My mind wandering, wondering what she wasn't telling me.

"Well... He ran off again. This time to Mexico." She said.

"And?" I urged.

"We can't go into Mexico, Anya. Our forces can't go there. Their government won't let us." She said.

"Okay I get that, but why the hell is Sarah sobbing?!" I asked looking towards Sarah whose eyes were puffy and swollen.

"Well, Anya..." Maria started again.

"If you stop one more time I'm going to-" Parker squeezed my shoulders and I looked up at him.

"Anya I think you should listen." He said in a voice just above a whisper. My gaze turned back to Maria and I nodded telling her that I would stop interrupting.

"Anya... It's gotten more serious." She said biting her bottom lip slightly. "We've got Mr. Carr, but he wasn't the one who shot your mother."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"He's still out there and along with that we found a few things in the van and things we got out of Mr. Carr." I raised a brow interested in what was going on. "They'd been watching you for awhile now. Not just your mother, but you too." She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"They've targeted you, Anya. They're trying to get to you as we speak."