Chapter 9: A Case of The Flirts

When life throws you lemons you go and make lemonade right? Well in my case I just threw the lemons into the trash.

"So um you want to hang out on Friday?" Chris asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Ugh sorry Chris. I've got a few things to do." I said biting my lip.

Chris and I had since yesterday became pretty good friends. It was like our chemistry was amazing. We had like everything in common! It was crazy, but I felt like he was moving a little too fast for me. Maybe it was just to hang out. I mean it wasn't a date. Officially anyways.

"Alright class take your seats." Mrs. Croak announced. I never did take the time to learn her name. I wasn't planning to either.

"Oh alright. I'll see you at lunch then?" I nodded.

"See ya." Chris got up and walked to his seat. Jess threw me a confused look.

'I'll tell you later.' I mouthed to her. She nodded and we waited for attendance to finish so we could take for the last 6 minutes of homeroom. Really homeroom should only be 5 minutes, but nobody was complaining since we all got a break for 6 minutes to talk every morning before we leave our friends.

"Okay so what was that?" Jess asked scooting her chair next to mine.

"Chris. We're friends he wanted to hang out, but I've got things to do on Friday. I sounded kind of mean." I bit my lip feeling like I should go over there and tell him sorry.

"Well damn. Lucky you. I've been trying to get Chris to notice me for a few years now." Jess said staring at him.

"Well then let's go introduce you two." I said standing up.

"No Anya-" Jess started.

"Miss Kelsie do you have a problem?" Mrs. Croak asked.

"No. I was just getting up." I said.

"Well then if you want to walk around then you wouldn't mind going to the principal's office now would you?" She asked.

"Damn..." I muttered grabbing my books as I walked out of the room. I kicked a locker onmy way to the office. As I rounded a corner I hit someone hard and my books when flying as I toppled over the person.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I said shaking my head. When my vision came back and the blurs disappeared I saw who I was laying next to.

"It's alright." Mr. Felton said getting up to his feet. "I wasn't looking where I was going." He said wiping his shirt which had coffee on it.

"Nice shirt." I said stifling a laugh. Mr. Felton chuckled.

"Thanks. I was starting a new trend." He said taking a sip from his coffee cup.

"I'm not so sure if people are going to catch on." I said getting to my feet and dusting myself off.

"It looks like they already have." I cocked an eyebrow as I looked down at the coffee stain on my shirt.

"Aw damn." I cursed trying to wipe it, but I just made it worse.

"I'm sorry Anya." He said leaning over and picking up my books.

"It's ok. I'm sorry for hitting you. I wasn't looking. I was mad." I said taking the books from him. "Thanks."

"No problem. Why were you mad? Late to homeroom?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Sent to the principal." I said shoving my books under my arm.

"Oh I see. Well Anya's quite the little trouble maker aren't you?" He asked. I shrugged.

"All I did was stand up in homeroom to move around." I mumbled.

"Well next time you might want to stay seated." Mr. Felton said as he started to walk away.

"Oh and Anya." I turned to face him.

"Make sure you're on time to class." He winked at me and started walking again. I felt a blush creep up on me. I shook my head taking the thoughts of how handsome Mr. Felton was out of my head as I continued on my journey to the office.

__________________________________________________

"What are you doing here again?" Parker asked as I walked into the office. The bell had just rang saying that homeroom was over and that first period would be starting in 5 minutes.

"I stood up. Where's John?" I asked looking into John's office and popping my head back out to talk to Parker.

"He's not in yet." Parker said smirking.

"Well that's too bad." I muttered walking over to the desk Parker was sitting at.

"Watcha doing?" I asked sitting on the desk.

"Paperwork." He said moving a few papers.

"Oh that sucks. Can I ask why you're here? Like I mean why are you working in the office?" I asked looking around the main office.

"When I failed last year I didn't only have to take the classes over again, but I also had to take another class because they took one of my credits away. I have no clue why." He said shrugged. "Mr. Kelsie offered me to sit her and file a few papers every morning and afternoon and if I did he said he’d give me my credit back."

"Oh..." I said hearing the bell ring for first period. "Crap. I was supposed to be in class." Parker smiled.

"Looks like you're late." He said.

"Not if someone can help me skip." I said smirking.

________________________________________________________________

Okay so if you've read some of my comments this story I had already written last year so I have chapters 1-14 already done, but they probably will be getting shorter until we get to chapter 14 because when I had previously written them I didn't spend much time on making them long. Sorry about that, but that's just a warning so you guys don't get all upset wondering why the chapters aren 't long. Sorry, but that's how it is and I'm not going to add stuff to the chapters to make them longer because that's not how I had written them.

Thanks to those who have been fanning and adding my chapters to their libraries! :) It's good to know people are reading your story. That's what I like about Wattpad.