Chapter Forty-Six

Shawna's P.o.v

I was third in line at Starbucks having a mental battle with myself. I have a taste for a caramel frappuccino, but it's freaking freezing outside. But they're so good. But it's cold.. That's stupid girl. But.. But, my ass!  Looking at my nails, I rolled my eyes, glad the girls and I were meeting up to get them gone later. The once shiny red color was now dull. I shook my head. UGH..

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm, can I have a French vanilla cappuccino?" I said giving her the fakest smile, unintentionally.
"What size?"
"Medium, please?"
"Yes of course, what's your name? And will that be all for you ma'am?"
"My name is Shawna," she started writing my name on my cup. "And can I also have a chicken and sausage breakfast wrap?"

"Yes ma'am, your total is $6.43"I reached into my purse to grab my wallet, but I heard a man say, "It's on me." I looked up to see Jordan pass his card to the cashier.
"Jordan..?" This time when I smiled it was very, very real. Damn, he looks good.
"Shawna.." He said back.
"Um, you didn't have to do for that for me." I said still in a dazed as he accepted his card back from the cashier.
"I know I didn't, but come on there's people behind you." He smirked, noticing my daze. Turning to say a quick apology to the lady behind me, I followed him to wait on my order."So how you been?" I spoke first.
"I've been pretty decent. You?"
"I've been good."
"Looking good too." I blushed, happy that I'd worn something cute today. My outfit consisted of, jeans that hugged my ass just right, a shirt with straps across the chest, a army green jacket, and brown boots with heels. My hair was long and straight. But my favorite part of my fit, a nude, army green, and black purse from Céline. Yes, I know this bag cost a grip but I didn't buy it, Shakeel did. It was supposed to be a "I'm Sorry" gift. Damn lie, he just wanted some of this kitty kat. I shook of the thought of Shakeel away and continued to talk to this handsome piece of meat in front of me. Now I don't even know if I'm hungry for my breakfast or his fine ass. Ohh lawd.

"Thank you, Jordan." I finally responded.
"I'm sorry we lost contact... I'd gotten a new phone and lost almost everything."
"It's okay," I said trying to pretend I wasn't fazed by him going MIA on me.
"I thought about you everyday though."
"Is that right?" I said licking my lips and blushing.
"Yeah, that's exactly right." He licked his lips too and at that moment I wondered if I'd had to same affect on him as he just did on me. Bitch, are your panties getting wet? I asked myself, shaking my head.

"Why're you shaking your head, ma?"
"Shawna!" a Starbucks worker yelled my name informing me that my order was ready. Thank God, because I did not have a response. Grabbing my food and cappuccino, I sat at a table and he followed.
"I'd love to spend more time with you." He said as he dreads moved a little. Lawwwd, I just want to pull on those sexy ass dreads.
"Same here." I managed to say.

"I recall our last conversation being about that scrub ex boyfriend of yours." he said.
"Wellllll, he wasn't my boyfriend." I rolled my eyes as I blew into my cup.
"Fuck buddy."
"Ummph," I rolled my eyes again.
"You keep rolling yo eyes like I'm sliding my dick up in you or something, shawty." He said in his thick, sexy ass New Orleans accent. He winked and I sat there with a look on my face that said "Oh my... No he didn't!!" Lord what is this man doing to me? This is like the third time his said anything freaky to me, the first two times we were on the phone. He's trying me. I know it Lord.

"You still letting that nigga waste your time?" He went back to the topic at hand.
"No," I wanted to roll my eyes so bad, but decided against it. So I just smacked my lips at him.
"Really?" he challenged.
"Yes really, it's been a while since we fucked.. "
"Okay, but does he still try to hit?"
"No, he's too afraid of the commitment that I want."
"Oh, well I know what that feels like." He said, shaking his head. Taking a bite of my breakfast wrap then responding.
I asked, "How is that?"
"I wanted a wife and kids. She wanted good dick and pillow talk."
"Shouldn't that have lead to more? I mean shit gets deep during pillow talk."
"Not, necessarily. She never wanted to see me outside of my bedroom or hers."
"That's bullshit, you're amazing." I said sipping my cappuccino. I really meant what I said.
"I could say the same about you," he smirked.
"Thank you,"
"She always claimed to be busy. And the pillow talk was never us getting to know each other."
"So, what did you guys talk about?"
"It was always about freaky shit. Or another nigga or female. Or who I was fucking outside of her, I kept telling her nobody and that she could trust me not to hurt her. But her trust issues were all fucked up. I can't beg someone to trust me, especially if I never gave you a reason not to trust me."
"I know that sucked, but I see where you're coming from." I said. "Reminds me of Shakeel, although he called himself attempting to be who I needed and wanted him to be."
"What went wrong with that?" He questioned, staring at me. I wondered what he was thinking about.
"He wasn't really into it like he should've been. And no, I'm not trying to force anyone into marriage or anything. I just know fucking the shit out of each other and pretending to care isn't going to get me anywhere."
"I feel you on that one hundred percent and I'm here to tell you that I want the full package, just like you do. And I'm willing to make this thing happen with you." He licked his lips.
"If I didn't know any better Jordan, I'd think you were asking to be my boyfriend." I said blushing, loving every word he'd said.
"I feel like it's worth a shot, especially after thinking about you all day, I know I need you in my life. I'd really thought I'd lost you. And I'm not tryna sound like no scrub ass nigga, I'm just keeping it real. I want you and by that look on your face you won't mind having me around more." he said winking at me, but truly meaning what he was saying.
"Maybe you should've remembered my number by heart." I joked, lost for words.
"I will this time." he answered seriously.
"Good," I chuckled.
"I see that you're ignoring my boyfriend proposal so I'll give you time to think about it." He said looking at me while I avoided eye contact.