Chapter Twenty-Five

After giving Nyla her car she went to Dre's house to go see Adrian. But I went to my house to get some sleep. To make up for what I missed. I closed my eyes at 10:37am.

Waking up around 2:40 I checked my phone. No calls and a text from Nyla thanking me again. I showered and thought about today's moves. When I got out the shower, I got dressed. Putting on a white tank top, light blue shorts and some light brown Steve Madden wedges. I kept it simple. grabbing my brown Michael Kors purse I headed for the door. I was heading to Tae's apartment in RangeWay. I tried calling him to let him know I was on my way. Lately I've been keeping a little distance between me and Dre. Why? Because I like him.. a lot. But I have a boyfriend. Tryna keep things good between us and not catch feelings... more feelings.

When I pulled up in RangeWay I saw "the regular", tight clothes, ratchet weaves, wannabe thugs.. I just rolled my eyes once again at the scene. Pulling into a parking spot I noticed Tae's car. I grabbed my purse and got out. All eyes flew to me. I smiled and kept it moving. I chose to use my key to get in the apartment. As I walked in my whole mood changed.

I blinked to make sure what I saw was really there. A girl sat quietly on Tae's couch.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Diamond"

"Do I know you?" I sat on the love seat.

"No, but I know you..... Mya."

I moved my head to the side and observed her. Her named sound like I've heard it before. The face looked like I've seen it before. But the name didn't have a face, and the face didn't have a name. Or at least I didn't know they matched. Diamond was dark skin,nice body, pretty face. Thats when I noticed she'd been crying.

"Are you ok? What's going on? And what you doing here? "

"Something that has been going on way too long."

"I'm confused. Where is Deontae?"

" Heading over here. "

"Who are you to him? "

"His girlfriend. . "

Girlfriend? Girlfriend?

"Wait what? "

She just nodded her head and cried more.

"Girlfriend. .." I whisper aloud. I looked at Diamond and knew this is hurting her a lot more than me. I'm not even hurt. Just mad. "How long y'all been together? "

"Three years."

"Three years!! WHAT THE FUCK?" I was getting mad as shit. Three years? Tae and I haven't even made it to a year. Which means...

"So I'm the side bitch"

"No.. no.. well I don't see you as so. "

She looked a little younger than me. "I don't have a problem with you. I know you had no clue about me. But I knew about you. Tae does everything in his power to keep me a secret. But he doesn't hide you. I've seen pictures of you on his phone. I follow your instagram.. And I seen you in person for the first time at Hooters and you're gorgeous. I see why he leaves me for you..."

"Im Sorry, Diamond. " I said honestly feeling like shit, I don't know why though, I didn't cheat.

"No, its not your fault. "

I sat back and thought. Should I be sad right now? Mad? .. I feeling nothing towards Tae, just Diamond. I have that on to the next one attitude going on.. But Diamond on the other hand was a wreck. And I get that. Three years is a long time.