Chapter Forty-One

Dre's P.o.v

I was sitting up in the bed next to Mya while she slept. Earlier she had enjoyed the nice gesture I did for her, but I couldn't enjoy it. I had this "pregnancy" of Jade's on my mind. I keep recalling the last time we had sex. It was a minute ago, but I remember not using a condom. Part of me does not believe it's mine, but I keep replaying that moment when we took the condom off. I wanted to beat myself up for doing that shit, but then again, Jade was my everything at the time, so I can't fight the feelings I know I had. I looked over at Mya who was sleeping so calm. I thought about my future with her. Where is it going from here? Before Jade told me she was pregnant I did not notice any signs, but afterwards.. Lord , it's like I saw her body swell up right before my eyes. I told her to text me because I needed time to think about shit. But right now, all I wanted to do was hug and kiss on Mya but I just can't bring myself to do that. I sat there and waited for a text from Jade.

Mya's P.o.v

I woke up in the middle of the night because I had to pee. I peed, changed my pad, and washed my hands. When I walked back to my bed I saw that Dre was up.

"Hey.. Uh did I wake you?" I said as i climb in bed beside him.

"No,"

"What you doing up?" I looked over at the clock which read 3:12 am. I turned back and wrapped my arms around him.

"Just thinking." He moved over which caused my arm to fall off of him.

"What the hell was that about." I said to myself.

"Um , is everything alright ?"

"I'm good. I just have a lot on my mind. "

"Want to talk about it?"

"Naw I'm okay Mya."

"You sure?" I said looking into his eyes. What ever is bothering him I know it's something serious. I can see it in his eyes.

"Yes Ma, get some rest."

"Okay, but I want to hold you." I said wrapping my arms back around him. This time he wrapped his back around me. I went back to sleep , but only because I felt cramps starting back up.

The next morning when I woke up I jumped straight in the shower. I stayed in there for as long as I could before my body started to cramp again. After I got dressed and went to the living room, where Dre was.

"Wassup Ma?"

"Hey, how you feeling?" I asked recalling what had happened early this morning. Dre looked a mess, sleepless.

"Well I should be asking you that."

"I'm fine for now, what about you?"

"I'm straight Ma."

"You look like you didn't sleep at all."

"I didn't"

"Why not?"

"Too much on my mind."

"Like what, let me know what's bothering you. Please?" I sat beside him and grabbed his hand. "Please?" I repeated. He turned and looked at me in my eyes for the first time since earlier yesterday. Hurt was all over his face.

"I can't tell you." And with that he looked away and got up. He walked towards the table and grabbed his keys. I watched him walk out of my front door. I got up to see if he was really leaving me. I stood on the porch as he sped off until I could no longer see him. I just stood there. I didn't know what to do. Hell, I didn't even know what to fucking think.

Should I be sad? What the fuck was that about? What the hell is bothering him? What did I do? Why won't he confide in me?

I went back into the house and pulled out my phone. I called Dre's phone and it went straight to viocemail.