Prologue - Razor Sharp

Woodsboro, 1996

"Please." Kali whispered desperately, her vision beginning to blur as she looked up from the ground where she lay helplessly on her back, the killer hovering over her with a knife coated in her own blood resting in his hand. "Stu..." She pleaded.

"I'm sorry, babe. I was trying to avoid this, but you've seen me now. Why didn't you just leave with the others? You were supposed to leave!" He raised his voice, looking down at her. Stu took a step forward before kneeling down next to his slowly bleeding out girlfriend. He ran the tip of the razor sharp blade along her bottom lip as he lightly shook his head. "It wasn't meant to be this way."

"You..." Kali tried to speak, but her breathing was ragged and broken, her own blood beginning to fill her left lung, "Tatum." She could say no more, but she didn't need too. Stu knew what it was she was trying to get out.

"That was Billy, not me - you were with me when he killed her." He defended himself as if it was meant to make everything better. "I am sorry, but it had to happen. Tatum never liked me; you know that. If she didn't die, I would have been the first person she accused along with Billy." Stu sighed before speaking again. "I'm sorry, baby."

Stu smiled, not his normal goofy adorable smile that Kali had fallen in love with, but a strange weak one that almost made him look upset. He leant down further, placing a final kiss on her lips as a goodbye and then pulled back the tiniest bit to look into her eyes. It was then that she drove the shard of glass she had been hiding in her skirt through the side of his neck.

Stu's eyes went wide in surprise and disbelief as he fell backwards away from her. He scrambled back, desperately trying to stop the bleeding coming from his neck, but it was pointless. Kali's knowledge of horror movies and her biology classes had paid off. She had hit his Carotid Artery.

Stu fell to the side, one arm outstretched reaching for her as Kali's head weakly fell to the side to look back at him. There was no hate in his eyes, she had done the same thing he was about to do to her, the same thing he had done previously... killed. If anything, among his shock and slightly heartbroken look, there was pride.

It made her sick, but nonetheless her arm reached out as their fingers interlocked. He squeezed back, his eyes never leaving hers until finally his grip went limp and Kali watched as his life was literally drained out of him. It was only after Stu was dead that she felt herself drift into unconsciousness just as she heard a gun shot fire from another room in the house.

As Kali Riley's eyes slowly closed into an almost peaceful rest she wondered if they would ever open again.

They all thought that it had ended that night; that it was over. That the famed Ghostface killer, or killers, would never come for them again, but they were wrong. It was the first time it happened, the first betrayal, but it wasn't the last.

I know it was actually Stu who killed Tatum (atleast I'm fairly sure because the killer goes back into the house after insteadof outside), but I always thought it would have made more sense for Billy to doit while Stu was entertaining his guests.