Chapter 5 - Interogated

Kali's interview went by smoothly and she suspected that Dewey had convinced them to go easy on her. They were only simple routine questions like where she was during the murders and how well she knew the victims. It was almost a word for word interview from the first one she had had back in Woodsboro.

As she came out of the room, the detectives called Mickey in right away and Kali sat down on the benches going completely silent, despite Hallie and Randy's presence, even though Randy was asleep on one of the waiting chairs. It made her think of the conversation her and her friends had had shortly after the first murders in Woodsboro.

It was before Sidney had been attacked, just after their interrogations that the police department were giving their entire grade.

***

"They ask you if you like to hunt?" Stu asked. The group of six friends had gathered by their usual spot by the water fountain for lunch after the cops had interrogated their entire grade. The night before two of their classmates, Casey Becker and Steven Orth, had been butchered. Kali and Tatum had heard about it first thing from their brother and because of his involvement in the police force they suspected that their interview wasn't as tough as some of the others.

"Yeah they did." Billy replied. "They ask you?" Billy then asked Randy who nodded.

"Why would they ask you if you liked to hunt?" Tatum wondered.

"Because their bodies were gutted." Randy stated.

"Thank-you, Randy." Billy shot back over his friend's bluntness.

"They didn't ask me if I liked to hunt." Tatum stated.

"'Cuz there's no way a girl could have killed them." Stu shrugged.

Billy was lying on his back, Sidney leaning up against one of his legs with Tatum sitting next to her and then Stu with Kali in his lap and then Randy on the other side of them. Kali popped a grape in her mouth before offering one to her boyfriend who bit it out of her hand.

"That is so sexist, the killer could easily be female." Tatum argued. "Basic Instinct."

"That was an ice pick, not exactly the same thing." Randy replied.

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. The fact is, it takes a man to do something like that." Stu then explained.

"Or a man's mentality." Tatum sneered causing Kali to chuckle.

"How do you gut someone?" Sidney finally spoke up in a small voice, this particular topic making her feel uncomfortable.

It was Stu who replied. "You take a knife and slit 'em from groin to sternum." He stated calmly. Kali lightly nudged him once as Sidney's uncomfortable expression worsened.

"It's called tact, fuckrag." Billy spoke up, also seeing his girlfriend's expression.

"Hey, Stu, didn't you use to date Casey?" Sidney asked.

"Yeah, for like two seconds." He shrugged.

"Before she dumped him for Steve." Randy said, causing Kali to turn on her boyfriend with raised eyebrows.

"He's full of shit." Stu said immediately, knowing that look all to well. "I dumped her for you. Besides... that was like over two and half years ago now."

"And are the police aware that you dated the victim?" Randy questioned.

"Hey, what are you saying? That... That I killed her?" Stu asked his friend.