Chapter 8 - The Last Time

Kali sat on the edge of the bed, her back to Mickey who was sprawled out with has hands behind his head. Kali had since gotten changed and was pulling on a pair of boots.

"I thought we were staying in today." Mickey stated.

"Yeah, we were, but I want to see Sidney. It's almost lunch so I can meet them at the cafeteria and grab something to eat."

"I have a kitchen." Mickey shot back as Kali glanced of her shoulder with a stern look. "Alright, alright, I'll get dressed." He stated, beginning to sit up.

"No, it's okay. You can stay here if you want, I won't be long." Kali added, standing and heading to the door, without turning to face Mickey.

"Whoa, whoa, Kal, hold on." Mickey jumped up and followed her. "What's the matter?" He demanded, picking up on her strange behaviour.

"It's nothing, really. I'm just worried."

"You know I'm not letting you leave this room alone." He warned.

Kali sighed, but nonetheless nodded and waited for him to get changed. She wasn't sure how this was going to work, but she wanted to speak with Sid or Randy alone. She hated herself for it, but at the moment they, and her brother, were the only people she trusted and she needed to talk about it.

On the way to the cafeteria, however, Kali spotted Randy heading to the car park alone.

"Hey, there's Randy. I'm gonna go see how he's doing, meet you inside?" She asked before quickly adding, "I won't be alone and nothing will happen in an open yard, surrounded by people."

Mickey sighed, but nodded, "Fine."

"Grab me an apple." She said as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "A red one."

"Yeah, I know." He confirmed before heading to find their other friends inside.

"Randy!" Kali called as she ran up to him.

"Hey, what are you doing alone?"

"Mickey just went to get lunch, what are you doing alone?" She counteracted.

"I'm meeting up with Dewey. We're going to go over a few theories. You don't have any do you?"

"Not really. All I can say is that we probably know them." Kali looked over her shoulder to where Mickey had headed before dropping her gaze to the ground and looking back up at Randy. "Tatum would have known." She found herself saying. "She hated Billy and Stu, no-one knew why, I don't think she even really knew, but she was right."

"She didn't hate them, she was friends with them." Randy added in a small voice.

"She didn't trust them, but me... I never thought..."

"Hey, neither did I. Tatum was a special circumstance, the could smell a bad egg a mile away. You can't beat yourself up over this." Randy said comfortingly.

"What do you think she would have thought of Mickey?" Kali found herself asking.

Randy seemed taken back for a moment, trying to work out what she was thinking exactly. "Kal..." He started, "do you think..."

"No." She quickly cut in, shaking her head, "but that's just it. I didn't suspect Billy and Stu. I don't know who to trust, Randy."

"Hey." He said softly, bringing her in for a hug. "You can trust me, okay? And Sid, Dewey, probably Gale." He joked causing Kali to chuckle before pulling her back a little by her shoulders to look her in the eyes, "You and Mickey have been together for two and a half years, we've known him for almost three. I don't doubt he loves you."