Chapter 3 - Gale Weathers, Live

"Hey." Sidney said as Kali narrowed her eyes a little at the film crew. "What do you want, Gale?"

"Well, I was hoping I might get just a few words with you." She said as if her and Sidney were the best of friends and then stepped aside so someone else could come up beside her.

"What the fuck." Kali mumbled upon seeing the face of none other than Cotton Weary. The man Billy and Stu had framed for Sidney's mother's death. The one Sidney herself had put behind bars until he was discharged after the deaths of the real killers.

"Cotton." Sidney stated.

"Hi, Sidney." He smiled as Kali swallowed back a lump in her throat.

Without another word or confirmation, Gale turned to the camera, microphone in hand and began her interview.

"Here we are at Windsor College, where Sidney Prescott has just been reunited with Cotton Weary for the first time since she wrongly accused him of murdering her mother."

"What the hell are you doing?" Sidney turned to her as Kali stepped forwards, enraged. Mickey tried to grab her hand to stop her, knowing her pissed off look all too well, but she only shrugged him off.

"We want to know how you feel." Gale said. "Tell us everything that's happened, looking back on the last three years."

"Oh, hell no." Kali jumped in, stepping slightly in front of Sidney.

"Kali, we'd love to hear from you too." Gale smiled.

Kali returned her smile, albeit falsely. "Listen Gale, just because we were all almost brutally murdered together, it doesn't make us friends. Especially when you start pulling the same shit you did back in Woodsboro. Same rules apply now... You're not talking to her, so back off."

"Well, I can at least say something." Cotton spoke up. "Sidney... I just want to that I forgive and forget and just like you, I'd like to get back on with my own life."

"Do you have any comments?" Gale asked, turning back to Sidney.

"You bitch!" Sidney declared as Kali smiled proudly.

Gale took a small step back, already experiencing Sidney's wrath once before as Derek pulled Sidney back a little saying "Deep breaths. Lots of deep breaths."

Derek turned Sidney as they got ready to leave while Gale persisted. "Sidney, share with us, please!"

Quick as a flash, Sidney spun back around, slapping her hard across the face causing happy flashbacks in Kali's mind as she grinned triumphantly at her best friend. "I'll share with you!" Sidney retorted as Derek then held her back and pulled her away from the cameras.

"Did you get that on film?" Hallie asked the cameraman.

"Yes, I got that on film." He retorted in mockery as Mickey grabbed Kali's hand and led her away, the both of them smiling, highly amused.

It wasn't the first time Sidney had hit Gale on camera, in fact it had been all over the Woodsboro news once and Tatum and Kali had happily recorded it. The twins and their big brother had both been there that night.

It was decided that the guys would take the girls back to their dorm room where they could hide out for the rest of the day before getting ready for the Martini Mixer that night.

"You'll be okay?" Mickey asked as he stood in the doorway, Derek and Randy having already said their goodbyes and left while Hallie and Sidney went into the main room and turned on the TV.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll se you tonight, okay?" Mickey nodded and Kali gave him a quick kiss on his cheek before he left and she closed and locked the door. "I think I'm going to have a bath." Kali said to her friends. She had already had a shower that morning, but what she really needed was some peace and quiet.