Epilogue - Trial

"I hereby sentence you, Mickey Altieri, to Windsor Institution for the criminally insane." The judge declared as Kale rose from her seat, making brief eye contact with her once boyfriend before exiting the courthouse, not needing to hear anymore.

Mickey had gotten what he wanted, a trial, and one that had rocked the country. It was on every station in every state and he had blamed the movies and most believed him, even the judge, but the institution was the only place for him.

His wounds had been severe, but not fatal. He had spent many weeks in hospital under guard and restraints, however. Kali spent most of that time there as well, but to see her brother. She often passed Mickey's room purely out of curiosity, but never really saw much and was always told to keep moving.

Kali waited out the front until she saw the police escorts leading Mickey from the courthouse and to one of the squad cars. Before he was shoved in the back he spotted her a few metres away. He had a very faint scar that stretched from his cheek to his eyebrow from where Sidney had cut him, but other than that he looked exactly the same.

Mickey gave her a smile, the exact same smile he had given her the first time they'd met, almost 3 and half years ago.

***

"Kal! Hey, Kali!" Randy yelled over to his friend who had been walking past where he sat with a new classmate of his. Her head had been buried in a map as she tried to find her way around campus.

"Randy, thank god." Kali smiled, jogging up to him. "Where the hell is E block?" She asked right off the bat.

"It's on the other side of campus." A new voice informed her as her gaze fell on a guy she didn't recognise. "If you follow that path, it'll take you right there." He pointed over to a concrete walkway behind her.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"Kali, this is Mickey Altieri, he's in most of my film classes."

"Hi, Kali Riley." She smiled, extending out her hand for him to shake. He quickly stood, revealing that he was a good head taller than her, as he took her hand with a cute boyish smile. He had dark spiked up hair and deep brown eyes.

"It's great to meet you, Randy has told me so much." He answered.

"Is that so?" Kali asked, looking back to Randy, her hand still in Mickey's.

Randy held up his hands in defence. "Don't worry it was all good." Mickey clarified with another smile, finally letting go of her hand.

***

Kali dropped her head and walked away and the cops pushed him into the back seat.

"It's over." She whispered to herself.

So that's the end of my Halloween celebratory Scream fanfic. Please let me know what you think! There is still Scream 3 and 4 so i may contemplate a sequel and if that's something you may be interested in then please let me know any ideas or suggestions you may have.

Happy Halloween!!! xxx :)